Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What to check after an accident?  (Read 1227 times)

Offline MrMoon

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050SE
Re: What to check after an accident?
« Reply #10 on: 11 June, 2019, 02:37:10 PM »
It will buff. Wax on, wax off.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #11 on: 11 June, 2019, 04:42:50 PM »
Yep, those panniers might not hold much, but they make seriously good crash protection .... !  :002:  Congrats on wallking away just the same.

Offline MrMoon

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: 14 June, 2019, 03:29:19 PM »
Just got mail from the dealer. There are a few parts that aren't available anymore so they couldn't quote these to the insurer. I've requested to have the detailed report including what they can't get from Triumph at the moment. It does make me wonder what those parts are on a 2010 bike that aren't available anymore.
The good thing at least is that the insurer accepted the claim.

After the mails I visited the dealer, talking face to face is better. Turns out that the frame probably is ok as the impact was at a low speed. The front end however needs some work as at least one of the shocks is bended. Sofar not a total write off, but it will be a while before it's fixed.
« Last Edit: 14 June, 2019, 04:25:43 PM by MrMoon »

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #13 on: 14 June, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by MrMoon [+]
Just got mail from the dealer. There are a few parts that aren't available anymore so they couldn't quote these to the insurer. I've requested to have the detailed report including what they can't get from Triumph at the moment. It does make me wonder what those parts are on a 2010 bike that aren't available anymore.
The good thing at least is that the insurer accepted the claim.

After the mails I visited the dealer, talking face to face is better. Turns out that the frame probably is ok as the impact was at a low speed. The front end however needs some work as at least one of the shocks is bended. Sofar not a total write off, but it will be a while before it's fixed.

I suspect that most insurers would write it off. Hopefully the buy back price will be low.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #14 on: 14 June, 2019, 10:37:13 PM »
You'll probably find that you can obtain many of the 'unobtainable' parts or there equivalents via this forum. There'll be somebody who knows ..... !

Offline MrMoon

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: 17 June, 2019, 09:27:43 AM »
Hi all,

Thnx for the replies. I know people here might have the parts the dealer right now has issues to find, but it being an insurance item now, there is not much I can do right now. For those who want to check it out, here is the videolink:

Seeing the weather is getting better, it sure hurts to not be able to ride  :172:

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #16 on: 17 June, 2019, 10:59:17 AM »
That was a seriously good hit. Well played, for staying upright. I doubt I would have  :037:

2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #17 on: 17 June, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
You are one lucky guy - that could have been a whole lot worse.

Go buy a lottery ticket, youre obviously on a roll...

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #18 on: 17 June, 2019, 01:02:44 PM »
 :005: i think if you were going any faster you would have been over the top of the car,
you must have the reactions of a cat (or Tiger  :001: ) to turn your bike into it with that short notice, thank gawd you managed to keep it upright  :020:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline MrMoon

• Tiger Member
« Reply #19 on: 20 June, 2019, 03:20:17 PM »
Update:
Talked with the insurer and all seems well, the expert accepted the damagereport from my dealer. But, when I went to the dealer there was just a little issue, the "yoke assembly lower" and the "tube inner, RH" could not be ordered anymore. I found someone who could order a new replacement tube, but the yoke assembly he couldn't deliver either. So I did some browsing and found the yoke assembly second hand from a 2007 Tiger and according to the seller was it a damage free bike. Fingers crossed now, I just ordered it  :046:
« Last Edit: 20 June, 2019, 03:35:08 PM by MrMoon »