Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Breakfast run to Kin Kin  (Read 219 times)

Offline DazzDownunder

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Sunshine Coast
Breakfast run to Kin Kin
« on: 26 May, 2019, 03:17:12 AM »
Lovely ride up to Kin Kin this morning with the missus. About an hour in total with some nice twisties at the back end. We decided to take the first part up the motorway just to see how our new intercom works under high speed road/wind noise. Not to bad a little disappointed to be honest but all good as it was blowing its silly off in a few areas.
Lots of bikes out this morning of all types. Saw a couple of Triumphs but no Tigs. On the way home coming out of Kin Kin a pack of Dukes came into town must have been a club Im thinking. Got a few nods 😎...
I know most of you are all overseas but if you ever do come this way please make sure you check this place out.... Kin Kin a little village just north west of famous Noosa Queensland. A real charmer & the food is out of this world. People are all so friendly & loads of bikers.
There are just so many amazing rides around our parts sometimes I still pinch myself that I live here & get to enjoy all it offers.

A couple of pics from today....cheers

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: Breakfast run to Kin Kin
« Reply #1 on: 26 May, 2019, 06:01:45 AM »
Nice, looks like my idea of a healthy breakfast :001:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline teef.au

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 2012
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: 26 May, 2019, 11:40:37 AM »
Looking everywhere for my invitation, but somehow I missed it. I know there must have been one somewhere  :745:

It was a great day for a ride!
2012 Tiger 1050SE
2013 Trophy SE

Offline DazzDownunder

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 26 May, 2019, 12:10:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by teef.au [+]
Looking everywhere for my invitation, but somehow I missed it. I know there must have been one somewhere  :745:

It was a great day for a ride!

Gday mate....😂😂😂 your down south thats a long haul up here. I know a lot of bikers come up via Wivenhoe Dam or The back of Clear Mountain, Woodford etc. Bloody beautiful part of the world. Ill let you know next time we go up....if interested we could meet up.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #4 on: 26 May, 2019, 12:30:36 PM »
Looks like you had a great ride! This is an Aboriginal name I guess - what does it mean?

Offline teef.au

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 2012
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: 26 May, 2019, 11:28:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by DazzDownunder [+]
Gday mate....😂😂😂 your down south thats a long haul up here. I know a lot of bikers come up via Wivenhoe Dam or The back of Clear Mountain, Woodford etc. Bloody beautiful part of the world. Ill let you know next time we go up....if interested we could meet up.

Awesome, you know I've never explored Pomona or Kin Kin. Only ridden/driven on the highway thousands of times.

I work crazy hours, but if I ever catch a break I would love to go for a ride. Work is the only thing making me antisocial  :155:
2012 Tiger 1050SE
2013 Trophy SE

Offline DazzDownunder

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: 27 May, 2019, 08:37:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Looks like you had a great ride! This is an Aboriginal name I guess - what does it mean?

It is Tim. Although its been argued for as long as I know as to what name exactly. Some say Red Soil while others & I believe more accurately Plenty of black ants.
The local schools have an Ant-tics day & the local cafe is call the Black Ant Gourmet. You certainly dont wont to stand in the one spot for to long  :745:

Offline DazzDownunder

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: 27 May, 2019, 08:42:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Nice, looks like my idea of a healthy breakfast :001:

Believe it or not Tim there is a big fat beef sausage under that home made potato rosstie. I told the waitress to leave out the mushroom she said what would you like in its place? Ill leave that up to you said I. Thats what I ended up with ....beautiful.

Offline colcol

• Tiger Member
  • City / Town: caloundra
« Reply #8 on: 27 May, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »
How ya going bud
I live on the sunny coast , we ride most weekends
Give me an Oi if you fancy a ride up here i know my way around pretty good
Col