Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tiger sport seat  (Read 811 times)

Offline Craig28

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport
Re: tiger sport seat
« Reply #10 on: 25 May, 2019, 10:24:20 PM »
yes I have tried the padded shorts and they help a little and I have also tried a padded bag that I sit on and its a little better also I think its called a bikerbumbag. sorry I didn't explain myself very well I have done 400 miles in one day but I start to feel uncomfortable every time after about half an hour but can put up with it for an hour or two riding if I shuffle about a bit every couple of minutes then get off for a good stop and when I get back on its very quick at getting uncomfortable again.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #11 on: 26 May, 2019, 12:49:52 PM »
You might have to do some experimenting with different seats. Some people believe memory foam is a better alternative to gel - I don't really have an opinion there.

One seat I had before that was deffo more comfy simply had more padding in. Unfortunately that also made it taller, and pushed the seat height up too high for me - so I sold that seat to another member on this forum. Cannot remember who the customiser was now though.

If seat height is an issue, then one way (haven't yet tried this) is to have more seat padding as above, then fit lowering links to lower the whole bike. My previous Tiger was lowered, and didn't seem to affect handling at all.

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #12 on: 05 July, 2019, 12:24:40 AM »
I got my 2016 TS seat reupholstered by Tony Archer in Huddersfield, he added more/firmer padding which has transformed the comfort and leg room for me. I actually wanted the seat height made taller so it was a no brainer for me, although as others have said if you are vertically challenged that could be a problem...

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #13 on: 05 July, 2019, 07:47:11 AM »
I had Tony Archer make my TS seat flatter & fit a gel insert. I think my ass has got used to it now. Done a couple of trips to Italy and Ullapool to home 450 miles with only 2 fuel stops. My T800 XRx has a comfort seat, that's worse than my TS seat. We lose our bum muscles with age.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline jasw

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2015)
  • City / Town: East Lothian
« Reply #14 on: 05 July, 2019, 08:34:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by Craig28 [+]
hi, has anybody had a seat altered by Hurley custom seats, they are about 2 hours from where I live and seem to have a good  reviews on their facebook and instagram pages and quite a lot of pictures of previous seat they have done, thanks
IF interested i have a seat by Hurley custom seats in the for sale section.
They are huge improvement over std or comfort seat.