Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tiger sport seat  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Craig28

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport
tiger sport seat
« on: 23 May, 2019, 04:41:40 PM »
hi, I find the standard seat on my 2013 tiger sport very uncomfortable compared to the 955 tiger I had, i have seen the genuine comfort seat for sale somewhere for around 120 but from what I can find most people say its not much better than the standard . has anybody had their seat altered for comfort, and does it help. or can I buy a new seat that will be more comfortable. thanks

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
Re: tiger sport seat
« Reply #1 on: 23 May, 2019, 04:56:46 PM »
I bought a comfort seat for the 2016-2017 model when I had the earlier Tiger Sport and it certainly was an improvement.

Funny enough, when I tried it on the new 2016-2017 Tiger Sport and I prefer the standard seat.

So I have it sitting on the shelf....  :084:
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R, 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes, and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

Offline Craig28

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 23 May, 2019, 10:26:07 PM »
hi, thanks for the information, I didn't realise that the seat from a newer model fits the older bike I thought they were different , Craig

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #3 on: 23 May, 2019, 11:55:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Craig28 [+]
hi, thanks for the information, I didn't realise that the seat from a newer model fits the older bike I thought they were different , Craig
The fittings are the same but the newer one is slightly narrower. I bought one from a 13 model to use as a base for re-upholsering on my 16.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Craig28

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 24 May, 2019, 12:20:03 AM »
hi, has anybody had a seat altered by Hurley custom seats, they are about 2 hours from where I live and seem to have a good  reviews on their facebook and instagram pages and quite a lot of pictures of previous seat they have done, thanks

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #5 on: 24 May, 2019, 10:50:51 AM »
I had mine re-engineered by Saddlecraft in Geordieland. They fit a much thicker gel slab than Triumph. Seat is now much more comfortable on long trips, and the change invisible.  :028:

Cost is just over 100, plus postage.

Offline Craig28

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: 25 May, 2019, 10:52:38 AM »
thanks I will contact saddle craft and see what they can do for me, Craig

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #7 on: 25 May, 2019, 11:05:55 AM »
You should know that as with all seats, they take a few (hundred) miles to adapt themselves to your posterior ....  :002:

My original standard seat did gradually improve with use, just not enough.

Offline Craig28

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: 25 May, 2019, 06:38:45 PM »
hi, I have covered around 1200 miles in the last month or two and its still no better, I managed 400 miles in one day by taking ibuprofen before I rode the bike, so I think a change in the seat is due, Craig

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #9 on: 25 May, 2019, 09:50:45 PM »
That's pretty hard going indeed! Although I think anything over 300 miles in a day is going to test a seat, unless you have one of those cruiser-style king seats. Even my new seat was punishing last weekend after 4 hours in the saddle.

You might want to consider investing in a pair of those padded cycling undershorts as well. Cheap enough, though must admit I haven't tried mine yet.