Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TOMCC WW Rally 2019 report  (Read 167 times)

Online Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
TOMCC WW Rally 2019 report
« on: 21 May, 2019, 12:28:22 AM »
West Wales branch of the Triumph Owners Club (TOMCC) hosted a rather fine bash last weekend. Held in the grounds of Aberaeron Rugby Club on the Welsh coast, this 10th anniversary rally drew around 80 people, and the weather was good enough for a BBQ and fireworks on the Saturday night.

Getting to the venue took some time, since the A40 west from Oxford (the most direct route from the south-east) has become a succession of traffic lights, roundabouts, and 50 mph speed limits. With some rain on the last stretch on local roads I arrived pretty tired. So it was good to find we had a bar and hot food on site as soon as the tent was pitched.

The surprise though was running into Paul2bikes at registration! I didnt know what he looked like, but guessed from the accent and him registering a T800 who he was. Paul was equally surprised, and we had a good chinwag in the bar that night. Great to meet you Paul.

Saturday was bright and sunny, and we had two rideouts to choose between. But Paul, me and another settled for a stroll along the coast into Aberaeron town centre, a wander round the town and its charming little marina, and an ice cream. Back on site later, I was happy to sit on the grass in the sun and look at the sea.

This being Wales, rugby is the national sport, so even a small town like Aberaeron has two rugby clubs, and our site even two pitches. I was impressed by the season winners' nameboard in the club pavilion - a fine roll-call of Welsh names, including Jones, Davies, Griffiths, Jenkins and many more.

For Saturday night we had a BBQ and a live band, a pretty good one too. Yours truly received an award for the longest distance travelled to the rally, some 470 miles. And several pints later, some spectacular fireworks over the sea rounded off the evening.

Sunday morning and it was time to break camp and make our way homewards. But not before the kitchen staff cooked us an excellent full Welsh (similar to full English but with unlimited tea and toast) breakfast. Now home, I have to go on a diet to lose the weight gained over the weekend.

Thanks West Wales branch. It was a great do.

« Last Edit: 21 May, 2019, 12:53:35 AM by Paullie »

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: TOMCC WW Rally 2019 report
« Reply #1 on: 21 May, 2019, 07:27:14 AM »
Great to meet up with ya Paullie, nae better way to spend a w/e. You got to meet up with quite a few of my chums, slotted in well, good friendly bunch eh. Andy who came to town with us had come up from Ashford, 300 miles, 220 for big Dave, only 160 for me, similar for our Meriden chums. Barbie scran was good for 6 squids anorl. Real proper friendly staff at the venue makes for the great atmosphere.

The ride there was good for me, worth the journey just to ride the A44, fantastic biking road but daren't take yer eyes off it to look at scenery, many miles of lovely bendies on decent tarmac. I stopped off at Munchies Diner Oswestry on way there. I had a great run home, 4 hours with a fuel/snack stop. The Welsh side was a wee bit busier than going but my side less so.

Next one, the Thunderbird rally last w/e in June, see ya there?
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #2 on: 21 May, 2019, 01:05:30 PM »
 :028: Some great photos Paullie, sounds like it was a great weekend - and you finally met P2B so winner all round  :001:
the Thunderbird rally sound good, not too far from me - is it only camping the weekend or is there day entry P2B? - i cant do the Sunday as its SWMBO birthday  :006:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #3 on: 21 May, 2019, 02:25:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
Thunderbird rally sound good, not too far from me - is it only camping the weekend or is there day entry P2B? - i cant do the Sunday as its SWMBO birthday  :006:

Saturday most of the crowd would be on ride outs or in the nearest town if there's owt on.
You'll have to come along on a rally, bring the missus & yer tent. There's another 12-14 July at Baskerville hall. The Offa's Dyke rally organised by Beacons branch of tomcc. It's just a 30 min walk into Hay-on-Wye + there'll be ride outs in the Welsh hills. The Rother rally is on same date, most of our southern chums will likely be going there.

Check out what's on here:
http://tomcc.org/Events/Index
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #4 on: 21 May, 2019, 10:01:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Saturday most of the crowd would be on ride outs or in the nearest town if there's owt on.
You'll have to come along on a rally, bring the missus & yer tent. There's another 12-14 July at Baskerville hall. The Offa's Dyke rally organised by Beacons branch of tomcc. It's just a 30 min walk into Hay-on-Wye + there'll be ride outs in the Welsh hills. The Rother rally is on same date, most of our southern chums will likely be going there.

Check out what's on here:
http://tomcc.org/Events/Index
Would love to bring the missus but she's not a fan of motorcycle's and if she was on the back I would have to get a sidecar for the dog  :005:
I may come along for Friday Saturday. Also the ride to jacks hill cafe on 7th July looks good. I will talk to my mate who is a tomcc member , I'm sure he will be up for a couple of the events too  :028:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #5 on: 22 May, 2019, 08:01:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
Would love to bring the missus but she's not a fan of motorcycle's and if she was on the back I would have to get a sidecar for the dog  :005:
I may come along for Friday Saturday. Also the ride to jacks hill cafe on 7th July looks good. I will talk to my mate who is a tomcc member , I'm sure he will be up for a couple of the events too  :028:

All being well, see ya there & at many more.  :152:  :031: Somewhere to ride to, instead of thinking about & planning a ride eh.

Edit: The T'bird rally is 20 to include pig roast on the Sat evening, 6pm'ish.
« Last Edit: 22 May, 2019, 08:34:13 AM by Paul2bikes »
Leonardo da Vinci