Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another trail ride!  (Read 638 times)

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Another trail ride!
« Reply #10 on: 21 May, 2019, 07:55:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Fossil [+]
Looks like the which trail tyre dilema could be like the Which screen for TS issue?

Not quite, it's more about what suits your terrain. The Peak district is quite diverse from technical to slippy limestone to thick clag with miles of road work in-between trails. The boys in the south west favour the MT43's for the slate & stonework. Those AC10's might suit you if the going is flattish grass/mud trails with little roadwork, they are the only tyres that we binned early & we've been through a lot, my pal started trail-riding in '72, got me into it in '83, had a wee break from it but keep coming back. He's had to pack it in now, big C. I only do easy stuff nowadays, not clever on yer own in case ya end up underneath with nobody to lift it off ya. Ha, ride safe.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 B-Mer
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #11 on: 21 May, 2019, 09:12:59 AM »
Mornin P2B!  Thanks for the tips :028:  it seems they AC 10 is replaced by the Tracker, have ordered a rear and I'll try it with the fronts I have first.  The downs round here are chalky which is a pain when wet but mostly we can find muddy grassy tracks in various levels of damp!  Sorry to hear about your mate too.  Having to stop what you enjoy is hard as I've found out but luckily I can ride.  I never trail ride alone as I know what I'm like and how I may need help, being young at heart just isn't enough sometimes!  Take care! Cheers.
Too old to die young!

Offline colcol

• Tiger Member
  • City / Town: caloundra
« Reply #12 on: 21 May, 2019, 09:54:46 AM »
Looks familiar
I used to live near Newbury up to 2004 before moving over here.
I knew those lanes like the back of my hand
We used to ride in a different direction every day to mix it up abit
Glad to see that you are still allowed to enjoy the countryside by bike
Cheers Col

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: 21 May, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by colcol [+]
Looks familiar
I used to live near Newbury up to 2004 before moving over here.
I knew those lanes like the back of my hand
We used to ride in a different direction every day to mix it up abit
Glad to see that you are still allowed to enjoy the countryside by bike
Cheers Col

Hi Colcol! 

Yep, still got plenty of choice here at the moment.  We are very fortunate to have so much when you look at what's available in the rest of the country. www.bywaymap.com   I'm hoping to scout out the Lambourne area soon if we don't get too much horse trouble!  Eventually I'd like to get down Salisbury Plain !
Too old to die young!

Offline yankee doodle

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
  • We only live once, enjoy it !!
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: READING
« Reply #14 on: 22 May, 2019, 04:15:38 PM »
For a minute I thought you was off roading the Tiger, was going to say you're brave lol, if you go out to Lambourne Woodlands there are some good green lanes through there too, used to run my Range Rover down there a lot, always saw bikes there too.  :002:

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: 22 May, 2019, 08:25:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by yankee doodle [+]
For a minute I thought you was off roading the Tiger, was going to say you're brave lol, if you go out to Lambourne Woodlands there are some good green lanes through there too, used to run my Range Rover down there a lot, always saw bikes there too.  :002:

Haha :008:  No chance mate! I'm finding the CRF heavy enough at the moment and it's almost 100 kgs lighter than the TS!  There is a guy on YouTube called Revelator Alf who does Greenlane on a 1200 Tiger :005: dunno how he manages that and interestingly he's done a series of videos around Lambourne!
Too old to die young!

Offline yankee doodle

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
  • We only live once, enjoy it !!
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: READING
« Reply #16 on: 22 May, 2019, 09:28:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fossil [+]
Haha :008:  No chance mate! I'm finding the CRF heavy enough at the moment and it's almost 100 kgs lighter than the TS!  There is a guy on YouTube called Revelator Alf who does Greenlane on a 1200 Tiger :005: dunno how he manages that and interestingly he's done a series of videos around Lambourne!

wont be easy on a heavy bike, but would you want to? how much to repair after the front wheel decides to follow a different rut to the rear?  :087: