Author Topic: Delkevic Exhaust - Which One???  (Read 2739 times)

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 1050 SE ABS 2010
  • City / Town: Chesnee
Re: Delkevic Exhaust - Which One???
Reply #10 on: 10 May, 2019, 12:53:26 PM
Can arrives today and will be on today  :031:
My 2010 bike had 5340 miles on it when I bought it.  I think it came off the showroom floor in 2012 or 2013 which should have been when it was first serviced.  So I've been bringing things back up to speed.  Dumping brake fluid today, new Conti Road Attack 3's went on Monday along with an oil change.  Probably doesn't need them but plugs and air filter (reusable) go on this week end. Sold the MadStad that came with it and now have a Puig touring on it.  TuneECU is on the laptop and a new map will get tested soon.  Will be ready for test ride soon  :028:

Online Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
Reply #11 on: 12 May, 2019, 01:05:46 AM
Are you, or have you done the decat like you thought about?   Curious how easy that would be compared to hammers and chisels and spade bits.  :033:   

Offline fjrod

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 1050 SE ABS 2010
  • City / Town: Chesnee
Reply #12 on: 12 May, 2019, 02:48:25 AM
Did all the "performance" enhancers on my 07 to include using an air chisel on the cat.  I always came back to the tune for my Leo Vince exhaust and never saw anything better beyond that.  Put my Delkevic can on and did some serious looking at the cat.  Yes you can saw the cat off and replace it with a piece of pipe using clamps.  Better yet would be to take the header off, cut off the cat,  and weld on a piece of pipe.  Something a lot of folks from back in the muscle car days used to say is that everything is about flow.  The weld on method should give you a clean path for the gases to flow through.  The butcher shop chisel method can leave a mess in the pipe unless you do a meticulous job of cleaning it out. 

Online Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
Reply #13 on: 12 May, 2019, 03:49:09 AM
Late 70's, early 80's.   4 bolts, drop the cat out and replace with a section of pipe and flanges.  They called it a "test tube"

Thought about doing the same to mine, but then the weather got better.  Maybe this winter. 

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Reply #14 on: 12 May, 2019, 06:47:38 AM
I asked Richard at Dynojet UK his opinion on removing the CAT, he said that I wouldnt see any appreciable performance change. I decided not to listen and went ahead anyway, and guess what? He was totally correct :008:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline alec45

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Ventura, CA
Reply #15 on: 23 November, 2020, 05:34:18 AM
*Originally Posted by fjrod [+]
Can arrives today and will be on today  :031:
My 2010 bike had 5340 miles on it when I bought it.  I think it came off the showroom floor in 2012 or 2013 which should have been when it was first serviced.  So I've been bringing things back up to speed.  Dumping brake fluid today, new Conti Road Attack 3's went on Monday along with an oil change.  Probably doesn't need them but plugs and air filter (reusable) go on this week end. Sold the MadStad that came with it and now have a Puig touring on it.  TuneECU is on the laptop and a new map will get tested soon.  Will be ready for test ride soon  :028:

Hi Fjrod, how did the 13" Delkevic work out? Was it too loud? Or just right? I'm looking at getting Delkevic but not sure what size. I like the shorter ones but worry it would be just too loud.  Cheers.