Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: An Easter Bimble around the Beacons  (Read 751 times)

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
An Easter Bimble around the Beacons
« on: 22 April, 2019, 05:51:44 PM »
Me and 6 mates went to the Beacons over Easter, 4 of us met up at Oxford BMW garage on good Friday & proceeded all the way on the A40 to Bryncoch farm for a couple of nights,
the other 3 decided to ride from London most of the way on the M4   :112:

we had a great ride there & arrived about half 2, expecting the other 3 to be there already - they turned up an hour later via 2 wrong turns  :008:

day 2.
Saturday morning, we all topped up and headed for the West End Cafe in Llandovery on the A40  for a late breakfast (about 11.30 by the time we got there)

after filling our bellies with egg'n'bacon'n'mugs of tea...mmm. we set off along the A40 to Sennybridge, then took the A4067 to Gurnos.
a great ride, lots of twisties, loads of scenery  :028:
after Gurnos we got on the A4068 to then get on the A4069 to go over the top of Brecon.
we stopped at the top for an ice cream and arrived just as the local Scooby club pulled in too.

we took in the great views & then headed back down the other side & then back along the A40 & A483 to the campsite in Llandyfan. total of about 90 miles  :028:

Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
Re: An Easter Bimble around the Beacons
« Reply #1 on: 22 April, 2019, 06:10:44 PM »
Day 3 of our Bimble.
so after really enjoying the ride up and over the mountain, we decided to do it again on the Sunday morning, so i could get some video as for some reason i thought i hadnt got any footage of the A4069 up over the mountain.

we then went to the West end cafe again for some more Egg'n'bacon'n'tea.. yum.
and saw this 2016 TSport parked next to us when we came out .. anyone on here's ?

Me following my mate on his ZX7R

Overall we had agreat weekend riding the welsh roads & it was absolutely chocka with bikes everywhere we went over the 3 days - must have been half the UK bikes in Wales  :123:
and hardly saw the Heddlu.  :121:
I will post some Video once i manage to edit a couple of clips..
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 B-Mer
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #2 on: 22 April, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »
Fantastic trip youve had! Great pics, Great roads and company by the sound of it, with great weather too! I so want to do a trip there soon. Ill make a note of the roads you mention.  Thanks for sharing!
Too old to die young!

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #3 on: 22 April, 2019, 08:06:46 PM »
Yes it was a great weekend, can recommend the place we stayed too.
Very clean and tidy log pods and facilities. Better than a tent and reasonably priced too  :028:
My Tiger never missed a beat all weekend and the others were really Impressed how well she went round the corners and stormed up the beacons fully laden.  :037:

Online Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #4 on: 22 April, 2019, 09:37:46 PM »
Looks like you had the perfect weekend!   :028:  Liked the modern version of the Nissen hut ..

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #5 on: 22 April, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Looks like you had the perfect weekend!   :028:  Liked the modern version of the Nissen hut ..
Yes the roads round the beacons are brilliant, nice not to have to p!ay  'Avoid the potholes'  :087:

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
« Reply #6 on: 23 April, 2019, 01:48:05 AM »
 Slightly jealous.  :002:  Beautiful weather and scenery. 

Are the country roads around there very crowded, or are they like here......just depends on where and when?   

Thanks for sharing.   :031:

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #7 on: 23 April, 2019, 07:06:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
Yes the roads round the beacons are brilliant, nice not to have to p!ay  'Avoid the potholes'  :087:

I do sometimes forget how lucky I am living so close, this is 20 minutes from my front door:

Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #8 on: 23 April, 2019, 08:31:11 AM »
What a fantastic w/e you boys had. The Heddlu were all too busy with the trail riders, a whole bunch got 100 fines for small number plates. Full size hard plates are a danger on the trails when a person takes a tumble, they can put a nasty gash in a leg or even detach your manhood if they land on top of you.

I stay in-doors at bank hols, the metallic snake from Manchester & surrounding towns all heading for my PDNP is a frightening sight, a terrible danger to us humble country folk. Townies gawping every which way but the way they're going, scarey! If it gets much worse I shall put it on ebay, with no reserve.

I had to go out in car drive about for 90 mins to update the in-built sat-nav, worra pita. Took 2 hours to download from Ford website onto me puter, go buy a 32gb stick, 2 hours to download from puter to stick, plug stick in car & go drive about, back on puter & download job done code onto Ford website. This was supposed to have been done at the dealers last year when they had the car for a whole day, all they did was nick me tool roll from under the seat. I didn't realise it'd gone 'til months later.

Ya don't have to go drive about, ya could just leave engine running on yer drive, but some scrote would nick ya car. Also it works in stages eg plug in & it goes for 35 mins, then switch off, get out & lock door, wait 2 mins, get back in, fire up & next stage an hour or so, then repeat the 2nd stage, fire up & it updates.

Lot easier to update the Tom-Tom rider sut int house plug it into puter & press a couple of buttons, leave it to sort itsen.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #9 on: 23 April, 2019, 01:21:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grouchybastard [+]
Slightly jealous.  :002:  Beautiful weather and scenery. 

Are the country roads around there very crowded, or are they like here......just depends on where and when?   

Thanks for sharing.   :031:
the roads were crowded this weekend with bikes mostly, a few cars & buses & quite a few cyclists holding the traffic up  :232: