Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Spare wire/socket thingy..  (Read 256 times)

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Spare wire/socket thingy..
« on: 22 April, 2019, 04:54:07 PM »
2014 Tiger Sport

Under the seat, in the little plastic tray there is a socket, 2 female terminals, I think. anyway, it's just there, doing nothing and I need a switched live for a front/rear dash cam. Innovv K2

The wires are Purple/Black, is the purple a switched live?  :440: Thank you.

windy
« Last Edit: 22 April, 2019, 04:56:32 PM by af1-windy »

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Spare wire/socket thingy..
« Reply #1 on: 22 April, 2019, 05:36:28 PM »
It's not a standard fitment. But if one wire is purple and the other black, then almost certainly the purple will be +12V live and the black the -12V earth. You'll soon find out if it's switched or not, by plugging in and testing.  :002:

There are two take offs from the loom under the tank (blue tape), one is switched, one permanent - yours could be using either of the those connectors (sorry no diagram with me at mo). If it's the switched one, you'll also need the accessory relay fitted to make it work (check for a relay missing in the sockets at the back).

For the Innov K2 you want switched, I imagine. But let us know how you get on with it, because it's also top of my buy list. In particular, if you can post up any pics taken with cam, that would be great.

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 April, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

It's all fitted and ready to go except the live switched. Very, very nice piece of kit.

I pre-ordered and waited a while after forking out my dosh before I saw anything, it was worth the wait.

It'll be the weekend before I get back on the job and hopefully ride out as well. I'll post results when I have some.

Cheers, windy

Offline JohnnyWheels

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger SE (red)
  • City / Town: Jackson, Mississippi
« Reply #3 on: 23 April, 2019, 02:32:23 AM »
Im pretty sure the one youre referring to is the one I used when installing a powerlet port on the front console. It is not switched. On all the time which is good for my uses - I use it for both the battery tender and for powering my mobile phone.
-----------------------------------------------------
2012 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 23 April, 2019, 07:48:49 AM »
OK, no worries.  :013:

So,  I need to find a switched live in the middle to the rear of the bike, I guess it'll be the real light then? Is it difficult to find?

Cheers all.   :031:

windy

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #5 on: 23 April, 2019, 11:15:16 AM »
Are you sure it's not switched? Have you checked? As I said, there are 2 power takeoffs on the TS1 in that area. Fairly easy to find the other one if you take the tank off.

But otherwise the one near the tail light is switched. You have to look behind (rearwards) the section that houses all the relays. Bit tricky to get at - easier if you remove the whole plastic tail section (I had to break the connector out of its plastic housing on mine because had never been used). But once you have it loose, then it's a standard Econoseal connector that you can buy on eBay.
« Last Edit: 23 April, 2019, 11:17:59 AM by Paullie »

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: 23 April, 2019, 01:48:21 PM »
I'm away for a few days, I'll get it all checked out when I get back at the weekend..

Cheers for the replies..  windy.