Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: good Free video editing software for windows  (Read 468 times)

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: good Free video editing software for windows
« Reply #10 on: 22 April, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
tried openshot, sound was very stuttery  :187: and if you want to change from the default 720p 30fps to 1080p 60 fps which the videos are recorded in you have to close & reopen the program & then it is not very fluid  :435: & sound is poor.
the gopro video editor wont work with my crosstour videos, just wont import into the program,
only thing that works so far is the windows video viewer.. but cant edit  :157:

Windows 10 photo app can apparently edit video?
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #11 on: 22 April, 2019, 08:50:29 PM »
I struggled to find a decent free one for windows. I ended up installing a linux virtual machine and installing KDENlive which seems pretty good.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #12 on: 23 April, 2019, 05:05:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
I struggled to find a decent free one for windows. I ended up installing a linux virtual machine and installing KDENlive which seems pretty good.

Hardly a 'sledge hammer to crack a nut' at all  :008:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #13 on: 23 April, 2019, 11:21:34 AM »
Bit like having to install a Windows virtual machine on Linux - just because effing Garmin  :232: refuse to issue a Linux version of their updating program.

I can see why Google Maps is taking over - it's just easier. Garmin and TomTom had better look to their laurels .

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #14 on: 23 April, 2019, 12:14:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Hardly a 'sledge hammer to crack a nut' at all  :008:
Actually not. Use vms all the time to test new software and tools. Have scripted the machine setup so I only have to press a button to build a new one.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #15 on: 23 April, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Actually not. Use vms all the time to test new software and tools. Have scripted the machine setup so I only have to press a button to build a new one.
windows virtual machine.. wassat? sorry i'm not an IT bod  :110:
i have downloaded NCH videopad & although its a bit slow it seems very simple (for an ejit like me anyway) i have edited one of my 12 minute clips down to 5 mins & added a transition at the end, so will continue playing & hopefully post a couple of clips soon.

thanks for everyones suggestions  :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline MrMoon

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050SE
« Reply #16 on: 28 April, 2019, 11:16:54 AM »
A virtual machine is a piece of software that emulates a computer, both hardware and software. You tell the program what kind of computer you want to build: type of cpu, harddisk, memory, network card and the likes. There are a lot of settings to tinker with, but often the defaults are a good starting point. When you start the virtual machine, you see a window with bootstrap messages like your physical computer would show. If you added a dvd-player with an iso-image as boot option, you can then install an operating system on the virtual hard disk and treat that as just another computer. Lots of fun, but your physical computer should be able to handle the additional workload. It's kind of slicing your pc in multiple computers.

As for the video editing software, I use OpenShot and like the possibilities. Can be daunting to say the least, but as mentioned, there are good instruction videos on youtube. The stutter you experienced might be due to your hardware or a faulty driver. If you have a recent pc with decent specs then you should have no issues. I run OpenShot on an Intel I5 with 8Gb of memory and a 128Gb SSD.