Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pillion seat  (Read 382 times)

Offline Fourbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Norwich
Pillion seat
« on: 20 April, 2019, 11:43:29 AM »
After a 200 mile odd ride last week my son was complaining that the pillion seat was rather hard and uncomfortable.  It didn't take the 200 miles for him to say that but about 40 miles and an hour in at the first tea stop.  So my point is does anyone else have this  problem, an uncomfortable pillion perch, or is it just him? I think I have the Triumph comfort seat but need to check further.  I was fairly comfortable until he began to push me down trying to relieve the 'comfort'! I'll probably get a gel pad for him though.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Pillion seat
« Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2019, 03:50:00 PM »
I've had the TS & my previous Sprints seats remade by Tony Archer or Digger seats, bound to be somewhere near to you who does it. Do a search on here to see where the other boys have had theirs remodelled. There's a few places in the midlands area iirc.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #2 on: 20 April, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »
Had mine redone (riders seat only but they do both) by Saddlecraft up by the Tyne. They put a much thicker gel pad (thicker than the Triumph comfort one) in the seat (can do a lot of other stuff too). Made a big difference on longer trips - took about 300 miles to settle in afterwards, but now it's great .

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 BlackTiger Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #3 on: 21 April, 2019, 12:09:22 AM »
Have a look here, www.motorcyclegelpad.co.uk  you can get gel pads in a cover which strap onto the seat or get 16mm thick gel slabs to fit in the seat. I've done my seat and did my Harley too which made a world of difference.
Too old to die young!

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2019, 12:39:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fourbears [+]
After a 200 mile odd ride last week my son was complaining that the pillion seat was rather hard and uncomfortable.  It didn't take the 200 miles for him to say that but about 40 miles and an hour in at the first tea stop.  So my point is does anyone else have this  problem, an uncomfortable pillion perch, or is it just him? I think I have the Triumph comfort seat but need to check further.  I was fairly comfortable until he began to push me down trying to relieve the 'comfort'! I'll probably get a gel pad for him though.

Passenger seat comfort can vary greatly from person to person. It's not just the seat foam that is the issue. The height of the passenger section puts some people off especially if they are tall. It also has a slight forward slope (Mk1) that forces the passenger to constantly readjust from sliding into the rider. And the wind buffeting for the Tiger's passenger can get tiring very quick. My wife loves going for rides on the Tiger but it took some mods to improve comfort. Seat height was not a problem as she is only 5'-3". The seat slope issue was fixed with a Seat Concepts foam/cover kit which has a flatter passenger section that is covered in a "gripper" vinyl. The buffeting was reduced by a Madstad adjustable screen and some experimentation with screen height and angles. And I run a small top box with a back pad when carrying a passenger, just gives her a secure feeling. Especially when tap into the Tiger's quick acceleration.  :015:
« Last Edit: 21 April, 2019, 12:44:09 PM by gosling 1 »
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #5 on: 21 April, 2019, 10:12:40 PM »
https://www.elsemade.co.uk

This guy is probably closest to you and has some good feedback

Offline Fourbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Norwich
« Reply #6 on: 29 April, 2019, 09:55:31 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions - they give me some options to think about!