Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust has an influence on oil consumption?  (Read 587 times)

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
Re: Exhaust has an influence on oil consumption?
« Reply #10 on: 20 April, 2019, 02:21:19 AM »
Could it have been an unknowing dealer tech checking the oil without screwing the dipstick in?  (I know, I know, rolling eyes)

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #11 on: 20 April, 2019, 07:37:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
So on the latest TS, you can fit whatever end can you like & the ecu adapts the fuel/air to suit. Brilliant. No easy excuse for the oil usage then. Did the dealer do the last oil change? Mebbe he (the apprentice) didn't fill it to the correct level. I change mine at 3k & check the level every 500 or so.

Thats not quite true, it can adapt on closed loop to a certain extent, so idling and low throttle openings, steady crusing etc. Heavy acceleration though and the bike goes to open loop and supplies whatever air/fuel mixture Triumph put in the map for that engine load etc. In theory if you dont wring the bikes neck all the time its probably safe, most aftermarket cans are fine, but I would always get the AFR checked on a Dyno just to be sure if youve made any significant changes to air or exhaust system. Im taking the KaTooM along to my Dyno man today funnily enough just to be on the safe side as Ive fitted a fairly open exhaust can
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #12 on: 20 April, 2019, 01:12:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Thats not quite true, it can adapt on closed loop to a certain extent, so idling and low throttle openings, steady crusing etc. Heavy acceleration though and the bike goes to open loop and supplies whatever air/fuel mixture Triumph put in the map for that engine load etc. In theory if you dont wring the bikes neck all the time its probably safe, most aftermarket cans are fine, but I would always get the AFR checked on a Dyno just to be sure if youve made any significant changes to air or exhaust system. Im taking the KaTooM along to my Dyno man today funnily enough just to be on the safe side as Ive fitted a fairly open exhaust can

Ok thanks Tim, not that simple then. But might be. Ha  :015:

I put a K&N air filter in my previous Serow, that really screwed it up. Trial & error to jet it up.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci