Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Out of the blue, things look a bit orange  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Out of the blue, things look a bit orange
« Reply #50 on: 24 March, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »
Have to say im Completely the opposite takes me 12 months at least to buy a bike the difference for me being I havent sold a bike in 20 years but I am running out of space but it means if I drop a clanger its not so important with others to ride and just as important I still have my 955.

The problem has been all my logic and experience said 1050 Sport and it has taken me months and months to suppress both,even im Fascinated to see how Tim gets on with his Adventurer ive Had my GT going today about as subtle as a rat with a gold tooth  :001:
« Last Edit: 24 March, 2019, 08:11:32 PM by Winger »

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #51 on: 24 March, 2019, 09:41:26 PM »
So winger, let's see a photo of your new ride  :152:
Is it brand new and what extras did you get with it?  :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #52 on: 24 March, 2019, 10:15:56 PM »
Bought second hand  originally sold December 2017 so technically one of the cheapies that KTM dumped on the market the problem being so many got upset by what they did no one bought one in 18 and there is a shortage so the cheapies are going up in price oh the irony.

What I will say I'm not one of those that buys and 'Oh its the best thing since sliced bread' they are an acquired taste if you only have one bike that has to do it all and it has to be a dead cert I'd go with the 1050 every time.

« Last Edit: 24 March, 2019, 10:23:32 PM by Winger »

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #53 on: 24 March, 2019, 10:28:16 PM »
Gorgeous. Great decision. Hope you have strong forearms if you switch off MTC... Remember to use the modes if you change circumstances. I rode down Sani Pass with big eyes 'cos I forgot to switch off ABS...     

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #54 on: 25 March, 2019, 10:06:36 PM »
 :028:
Don't know why you don't consider it an all rounder,
It's similar to the Tiger just MORE  :007:
it's a weapon for sure but it will happily pull top from 40 zones (till you decide it's time to shut off   :008:) and carry you across europe at 200+ miles to a tank no problem then when you get to the Stelvio or similar it'll hoon up and down like a Supermoto and yes it's reliable there are plenty of 1190's on adv rider with big miles,
there was a guy on here nigelJ went over and bought an 1190 as a company bike (self employed traveled a lot) put 40k on it without an issue,

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #55 on: 25 March, 2019, 10:37:02 PM »
Nice, Winger - i like it more than the new model with the alien headlight IMO ..No offence meant Snozzeltoff  :110:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #56 on: 26 March, 2019, 09:45:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
:028:
Don't know why you don't consider it an all rounder,
It's similar to the Tiger just MORE  :007:
it's a weapon for sure but it will happily pull top from 40 zones (till you decide it's time to shut off   :008:) and carry you across europe at 200+ miles to a tank no problem then when you get to the Stelvio or similar it'll hoon up and down like a Supermoto and yes it's reliable there are plenty of 1190's on adv rider with big miles,
there was a guy on here nigelJ went over and bought an 1190 as a company bike (self employed traveled a lot) put 40k on it without an issue,

In political terms id Class it as extreme right wing its a big old twin and you are never left in any doubt about that,unless you spend your life on the motorway top gear will never be worn out on the GT you need to be over 70 before even considering such compared to a 1050 it feels what it is a bike built by a company with a racing heritage and certainly not to everyones taste.

Ill be as interested as everyone else as to how Tim gets on where as I wont be living with mine all the time which is a huge difference.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #58 on: 26 March, 2019, 11:10:15 AM »
It would be interesting to know how flexible the engine is. :084:

I had a gen 2 Tuono, and it was a great bike (at 80+), any slow or town work was a pain because of the short stroke.

4 cyls are boring, which is how I ended up with a pair of triples.....
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #59 on: 26 March, 2019, 02:33:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ukwes [+]
It would be interesting to know how flexible the engine is. :084:

I had a gen 2 Tuono, and it was a great bike (at 80+), any slow or town work was a pain because of the short stroke.

4 cyls are boring, which is how I ended up with a pair of triples.....
If it's as torquey as these guys are saying, then flexibility should be no problem! But then I'm not much into competition on road, so if it's as full on as it seems I'd probably ride it in rain mode most of the time! And that would be a waste ....