Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Newbie from Chonburi Thailand - Tiger 1050  (Read 731 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Newbie from Chonburi Thailand - Tiger 1050
« Reply #20 on: 20 March, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »
Checked with two of the tour guides today. As said before, all big low volume models are assembled at Hinckley eg Both 1050's, Tiger Sport & Speed Triple + the Tiger 1200. The new Rocket3 will also be assembled at Hinckley, it is currently being tested & should be in the showrooms June/July at 70Kg's less weight anorl.

They did for a short time assemble the old Rocket3 in Thailand but brought it back to the UK.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #21 on: 20 March, 2019, 08:38:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Checked with two of the tour guides today. As said before, all big low volume models are assembled at Hinckley eg Both 1050's, Tiger Sport & Speed Triple + the Tiger 1200. The new Rocket3 will also be assembled at Hinckley, it is currently being tested & should be in the showrooms June/July at 70Kg's less weight anorl.

They did for a short time assemble the old Rocket3 in Thailand but brought it back to the UK.
Interesting! Does that mean the Sport has never sold in the numbers that the previous T1050 did? And is that why Mr T is putting more emphasis (i.e. greater marketing and production effort) into the retro twins?

Shame if the TS doesn't sell as well as the T1050 did, because it is a much better bike in most ways. But maybe the market is moving faster than we think, and we're all heading for couch-potato status at a great rate!  :027: 

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #22 on: 21 March, 2019, 06:54:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Interesting! Does that mean the Sport has never sold in the numbers that the previous T1050 did? And is that why Mr T is putting more emphasis (i.e. greater marketing and production effort) into the retro twins?

Shame if the TS doesn't sell as well as the T1050 did, because it is a much better bike in most ways. But maybe the market is moving faster than we think, and we're all heading for couch-potato status at a great rate!  :027:

Did the old Tiger 1050 sell well? It was sent over the world but sat in showrooms unsold in the US until heavily discounted, from what some of the boys have said.

As ya know I go to many of the TOMCC rallies, going off what I see there, the Tiger 900/955/1050 has always been in minority. Late 90's the Sprints & T'birds were popular, early 2000's it was the ST955 & Daytona, then the Sp3, Str3, the Explorer had its day but dwindling lately, nowadays it's all the Tiger800 & the various Bonnies that are popular. This is only what I see at rallies where 150 -200 club members turn up so a small sample. Maybe it's an age thing in the club, as we're all getting older we're downsizing.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #23 on: 21 March, 2019, 08:03:26 AM »
Funny thing is, when Triumph were getting ready to introduce the Tiger 1050 and getting rid of the last 955's they suddenly had a mass request for more 955's. This is partly why the very last Tiger 955's got sort of hybrid engines that were a mix of 1050 lower cases, transmissions and clutches with 955 Heads. The 955 Tiger lot were in uproar over the 1050, a Road Going Tiger?, sacrilage. Forgetting the fact that anyone who went "Off Road" on a 955 was bonkers, but some did, and do.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS