Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tricks for mounting rear rim.  (Read 540 times)

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Washington
  • City / Town: East Wenatchee
Re: Tricks for mounting rear rim.
« Reply #10 on: 18 March, 2019, 05:27:38 PM »
I will take pictures tonight.  But basically stepped conical spacer goes sprocket assembly, top hat on the brake side and I have one flat spacer.  I have a manual but hard to tell what's what on the exploded view .

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #11 on: 19 March, 2019, 03:49:23 AM »
Bodily harm averted....I finally figured out the the stepped conical spacer goes INSIDE the sprocket assembly with the flat black spacer on the outside.  Once I did that lined up the tire and caliper bracket in 5 minutes:(.  Sometimes I amaze myself how poor I am at figuring out exploded views in the service manual!

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #12 on: 19 March, 2019, 06:35:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by moodytico [+]
Bodily harm averted....I finally figured out the the stepped conical spacer goes INSIDE the sprocket assembly with the flat black spacer on the outside.  Once I did that lined up the tire and caliper bracket in 5 minutes:(.  Sometimes I amaze myself how poor I am at figuring out exploded views in the service manual!

There We Are Then  :015:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #13 on: 19 March, 2019, 10:04:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by moodytico [+]
It's amazing what taking a night off from the problem can do! The brain works it all out while you're sleeping, and next day, bingo .. !

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: 20 March, 2019, 12:51:39 AM »
Once I get over the butt hurt from wasting two days when it took 5 minutes I'll be fine.....

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #15 on: 21 March, 2019, 06:15:12 PM »
I have started with pictures tons of pictures.   With digital once done delete.

Take the whole project, right and left side. If needed top and bottom.  ALL bolts go in bags with writing what they came off of with PICTURE.

If or when I get interrupted all bags go into box and I'm safe.     Promise the one picture you don't take will be the one you will need and the exploded with be like mud.

Could be I'm old and senile, or FINALLY learned the ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure.  :015:
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: 21 March, 2019, 08:34:16 PM »
Good advice:)  I did everything except take pictures....  The older I get I'm realizing I need take a little more time in the disassembly process as my photographic memory is failing me!