Tiger 1050 - Main Discussion Section > Alarms, Immobilisers, and Security

Lock and chain + disklock recommendations

(1/8) > >>

seangee:
As the title says... - Ideally a set that works off a single key.

Yes I know they won't stop a pro who is determined to have your bike but still good as a deterrent for passing scrotes after a joyride so don't think I want to pay top dollar or carry top weight.

Did a trial run to the new office today to meet the team and its 20 minutes in heavyish traffic  :028:. Downside is the most likely place to park is on the street. Sadly I couldn't find a GS to park next to but I have yet to check all the bike  parking bays in the vicinity.

Sidewinder:
I use an Oxford Alarm D lock when parking away from home.  It's about as cut/pick resistant as any, but I like the fact it will sound off while the scrote is trying to remove it - rather than rely on a bike alarm going off as the bike itself is being taken away etc.

Timbox:
rarely use it away from home but I have an Abus Alarmed Disc lock, similar to Sidewinders Im guessing. Not sure anybody takes  notice of alarms, but at least it doesnt run the bike battery down.

Yellow Dog:
Cheap Chinese back and front alarmed disc locks, with really obvious bright alerting coils (so I don't forget), plus the Triumph OEM D-Lock. Very strong & secure  :169:

seangee:
Originally Posted by Yellow Dog Cheap Chinese back and front alarmed disc locks, with really obvious bright alerting coils (so I don't forget), plus the Triumph OEM D-Lock. Very strong & secure  :169:
You mean like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DRFP58K

Have also double checked my return to invoice insurance runs a full 4 years  :028:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version