Author Topic: PC 3 and and reading tune values?  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Gordonton
PC 3 and and reading tune values?
on: 09 February, 2019, 10:39:17 PM
Righty-O. Looking for a bit of clarification and or advice. 07 Tiger 1050. I've owned for 5 months now. Have fitted a Storm GP low level pipe with baffle fitted. Supposed to be have been developed with the stock tune in mind. Would like to remove baffle(easy to do). Finally got round to fitting new plugs this weekend. NGK CR9 Iridium. Cleaned and reoiled K&N filter. Air box has been modified, little rubber pipe at front completely removed. Bike has a Power Commander 3 fitted. Down loaded the program for it and connected. The map loaded, but here's where I'm at a bit of a loss. It is showing all zeros for any of the values. If you start the bike throttle position and rev's show as does Duty Cycle but no value for Fuel Change. In the notes it says-
MIVV Can and Link Pipe
K&N Filter
Tune # 020165.

Did a bit of a search and the closest Tune I've found is one in Tune ECU 20165 Frankentune for old Tiger 1050.

Any ideas whats going on? Will post in other forums as well.
07 Tiger 1050, K&N Air Filter, Snorkel Removed, Stock Exhaust, 20543 Map, NGK Iridium Plugs, Ricks R/R, Ohlins Rear Shock, Ohlins Front Springs, Bar End Mirrors, Leather Seat Cover, Ebay Levers, Ebay Risers, Custom Bars.

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: PC 3 and and reading tune values?
Reply #1 on: 09 February, 2019, 10:51:42 PM
Have you clicked on "Get Map" in the software?
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2019, 10:54:25 PM
Yes, There appears to be nothing there.
07 Tiger 1050, K&N Air Filter, Snorkel Removed, Stock Exhaust, 20543 Map, NGK Iridium Plugs, Ricks R/R, Ohlins Rear Shock, Ohlins Front Springs, Bar End Mirrors, Leather Seat Cover, Ebay Levers, Ebay Risers, Custom Bars.

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: 09 February, 2019, 11:12:34 PM
Just tried again, once all connected and click Get Map I get the map table and it is as I said all zeros for all the values.

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Reply #4 on: 09 February, 2019, 11:25:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Cloudy [+]
Just tried again, once all connected and click Get Map I get the map table and it is as I said all zeros for all the values.

Its a zero map then, maybe the previous owner decided to zero it as the ECU Tune was good enough, or it was never set up properly. Without a Dyno your a bit stuffed.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 09 February, 2019, 11:29:00 PM
Ok, Guess its time for a dyno at some point. Bike's done 100k km so I suspect she ain't going to blow up anytime soon.

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: 13 February, 2019, 08:09:34 AM
Made a decision, Removed the Power Commander. Loaded 20165 Frankentune from Tune ECU. No chance for a ride yet, That's tomorrow but running and idling sweetly  oh and removed baffle while I was at it.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Banbury
Reply #7 on: 13 February, 2019, 01:26:42 PM
*Originally Posted by Cloudy [+]
Made a decision, Removed the Power Commander. Loaded 20165 Frankentune from Tune ECU. No chance for a ride yet, That's tomorrow but running and idling sweetly  oh and removed baffle while I was at it.

It will be interesting to read your thoughts on the 20165 Frankentune once you have had chance to try it?
Reading the description in TuneECU
"This tune was originally developed for the 2013 TigerSport. The values have been grafted onto base tune 20165 so it can be used in the 2007 -2012 Tiger1050.
The 20165 map appears to be the oldest Stock non-SAI map (according to Dikmans tune list)  :084:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE, 2019 Tiger Sport .... got there in the end.

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: 14 February, 2019, 12:42:33 AM
Well, only a short ride into town and back today, around 40km. Did the reset adaptation this morning from cold before going,(can't hurt). Reset the bikes trip computer. Was averaging 5.7-5.8 liters/100km, be interesting to see what she says over time now. More than happy with the way its running, nice and smooth, plenty of pull and get up and go. Awesome burble on the overrun, with the old tune it popped and banged quite awfully. Does seem to idle just slightly rougher, sounds like its running a lumpy cam sort of idle. Do need to adjust cable slack though, its a bit loose. Doing a bit of a longer run after milking tonight, will report back. All in all very pleased though.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Reply #9 on: 14 February, 2019, 01:07:30 PM
Ah the joys of the dairy-farm daily chores ......