Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Solo ride up the Stelvio Pass  (Read 970 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Solo ride up the Stelvio Pass
« Reply #10 on: 08 February, 2019, 11:42:11 PM »
Haven't watched all of it, but noticed your front is bobbing about much more than previous vids - looked noticeably soft. Different suspension settings? Or just 2-up and luggage?

Enjoyed the commentary though ......  :001:

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 08
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #11 on: 09 February, 2019, 12:09:58 AM »
The front springs were changed when I got back as every setting was dialled up to the max, what I didnt know at the time was my rear Ohlins needed serviced ... when the oil got hot after a few hours in the saddle, it turned to milk... was really bad in Slovakia... overnight stops helped it recover somewhat ... but all in all , pretty affected by two up and full loaded... some of the passes I rode really didnt suit two up...
Learned to set suspension better for solo and two up and with K tec fat boy springs and a good service back and front I had no issues last summer on a month tour to Slovenia and back...
Every day a school day eh....
My language did get a bit colourful at times and being hangry shone through..

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #12 on: 09 February, 2019, 09:52:51 AM »
Great vid again, but where were all the north side hairpins? You chopped them out after that nasty moment? I'd love to see the vid with them all in, just to put me off ever doing it again. I didn't have a pillion but I did have 100lbs of luggage with camping kit, and at the time I had the stupid oem panniers so the weight was in the topbox, tent anorl. I had a few of those moments where I ducked in the run-off when somebody was coming up & nowhere to go.

There is nothing like the Stelvio, ideal for a 690 Duke with no pillion or luggage, then it would be fun.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #13 on: 09 February, 2019, 11:31:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Great vid again, but where were all the north side hairpins? You chopped them out after that nasty moment? I'd love to see the vid with them all in, just to put me off ever doing it again. I didn't have a pillion but I did have 100lbs of luggage with camping kit, and at the time I had the stupid oem panniers so the weight was in the topbox, tent anorl. I had a few of those moments where I ducked in the run-off when somebody was coming up & nowhere to go.

There is nothing like the Stelvio, ideal for a 690 Duke with no pillion or luggage, then it would be fun.

No North sideStelvio  hairpins were filmed on that tour, as i was taking in Passo Gavi, Tonale and a meandering route over to Passeo Rolle in the dolimites....  The previous year i was on the S1000XR .. that munched the  48 .. ( gopro was soaked by this point- no vid footage..sorry)..  but you do want to ride it again... i can tell  :007:
All your camping gear - top heavy .. not great eh..   the 690 duke..... super fun...  would love to take one over in hand luggage and use it just for the Passeo's...  long touring though.... think i would need a bone doctor.... :155:

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #14 on: 09 February, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »
Yeah, got the Trax adventure boxes now so I can pack all the heavy stuff low down, just me wee bottle & bed in topbox, don't really need a topbox with these panniers but it fits me hat, I lock up all me riding kit in the boxes when I camp, keep tent clear.

I'll not be riding the Stelvio again, only one I didn't enjoy, too busy & tight, I should have done it on the Sprint when I had it. I'll stick to the easier stuff now. Don't think I've ridden the Rolle. Camped over that way between Corvara & Colfosco, rode the Sella, Gardena & Jaufen, that I recall.

Your adventures are setting me itchy feet off again.  :152:
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
« Reply #15 on: 09 February, 2019, 05:02:38 PM »
I thought we had twisty roads around here. Thanks for sharing something I would otherwise never see.

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #16 on: 12 February, 2019, 11:49:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Yeah, got the Trax adventure boxes now so I can pack all the heavy stuff low down, just me wee bottle & bed in topbox, don't really need a topbox with these panniers but it fits me hat, I lock up all me riding kit in the boxes when I camp, keep tent clear.

I'll not be riding the Stelvio again, only one I didn't enjoy, too busy & tight, I should have done it on the Sprint when I had it. I'll stick to the easier stuff now. Don't think I've ridden the Rolle. Camped over that way between Corvara & Colfosco, rode the Sella, Gardena & Jaufen, that I recall.

Your adventures are setting me itchy feet off again.  :152:

Yeah  Trax boxes , noice...... bit too rich for my blood, I have a set of 48-litre, Givi Trekker Outback panniers, however they do not make a set of brackets to fit my 1050,  Doh!!  I am looking to fit/weld  an Outback set of universal brackets to the PR707 givi rack that actually fits my bike.... will have to get them re powder coated, but heho , thats what i get for having a hairpin Ebay trigger...
My top box is a tardis Givi 47 type- takes a full case of beer and all my food for camping, but will forgo it... when touring... i may lose a stone or two before my next tour.... been told that would help  :188:

I Love riding a lot of the passes in the Dolimites, Sella and Gardena is a goody for sure.. i targeted Rolle beause i missed it on a previous tour, it didnt disapoint..

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #17 on: 12 February, 2019, 11:54:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grouchybastard [+]
I thought we had twisty roads around here. Thanks for sharing something I would otherwise never see.

No worries Mr G , Im sure you have amazing routes and pavement where you are from... If things go well in the next few years i hope to do a 6 week tour over in the USA... 
Need to sell some inamanate objects and 'my Home' to release some flight and gas funds... :018:

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
« Reply #18 on: 13 February, 2019, 02:52:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gogs Alba [+]

No worries Mr G , Im sure you have amazing routes and pavement where you are from... If things go well in the next few years i hope to do a 6 week tour over in the USA... 
Need to sell some inamanate objects and 'my Home' to release some flight and gas funds... :018:

I am very aware of how fortunate I am to live where I do. I try not to take it for granted. Even if I can only get out for a couple hours, I can ride through beautiful scenery on great, twisted, and if I time it right, somewhat empty roads. Not everyone can do that, I know. I really do appreciate the videos and photos that members take the time to add.  While we have a couple of bucket list trips my wife and I are planning to take, the truth is I will never get to experience 99.9% of the roads and scenery first hand. I think this is why I enjoy the globalness (?) of this forum.  So if you find yourself in my neck of the woods, let me know. Be happy to show you around a bit.   :031:

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #19 on: 13 February, 2019, 08:58:43 AM »
Your right, It is good to see a wide global membership in this forum. We all cant ride everywhere for sure, but we can but try  :028: If as you say i find myself in your neck of the woods, i would definately give you a heads up and take up your kind offer.. especially as you have a national park on your doorstep. I  have a Dundee and Buckhaven just a hop skip and ride from where i am. If you and your good lady are ever looking to do a fly /ride to Scotland i will reciprocate your offer and show you some roads least travelled by the masses.. You can wild camp over hear as well  :031: