Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Solo ride up the Stelvio Pass  (Read 969 times)

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 08
  • City / Town: Edinburgh

Said i would add a couple more videos.. This one is my  early doors solo Ride up and down the Stelvio Pass - Bormio side.. with just the great sound of the Tiger  to keep me company  :002:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Solo ride up the Stelvio Pass
« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2019, 11:12:32 PM »
Watched this one a couple of weeks ago - a great video & the views when you get to the top are awesome  :123:
thanks for posting the video Gogs  :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: 07 February, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »
you're welcome, The air was so clean and i could see for miles...  :002:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2019, 01:33:55 AM »
Must say that gear indicator looks useful.

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2019, 09:32:53 AM »
aye, coming from an inline four to a triple, it certainly helped back then, the plug detaches itself through vibration so only eer plug it back in when i can be arsed  :038:

Offline Biccys

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: 08 February, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
What model indicator is it? would you have a link by any chance? And was it a simple fit?

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #6 on: 08 February, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »
It's a great vid, music would spoil it. Shows how dangerous that pass can be if you were to hit a right hander same time as a car coming the other way. Road positioning brilliant, top ride Gogs.  :047:

I didn't enjoy the 48 hairpins down the north side, tiredness, lack of skill, beer/wine night before, tight right handers, with weight on bars, totally messed up one with bunch of Swiss KTM's up me ass. Back in me ST955 days, had big Baglux I leaned on coming downhill, so weight was off the bars, made it much easier for me to turn in.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: 08 February, 2019, 09:21:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Biccys [+]
What model indicator is it? would you have a link by any chance? And was it a simple fit?

ithe make is 'Acumen' it was on the bike when i got it mate, looks a plug and play job.

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: 08 February, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
It's a great vid, music would spoil it. Shows how dangerous that pass can be if you were to hit a right hander same time as a car coming the other way. Road positioning brilliant, top ride Gogs.  :047: 

Thanks  for positioning comment.. could always be better.... only had the bike for about six weeks, more confiden on it now..Re music-  Yup, wanted the triple burble bouncing off the tunnel walls, hypnotic eh... as you know the road commands your attention and respect - as there are many potential banana skin offs if you're tired, its slippy too especially at dusk or dawn .... if you watched my descent you would see me getting a bit annoyed at a van driver overtaking a mini peliton and driving on my side... my anticipation couldve been better and my positioning also...

I didn't enjoy the 48 hairpins down the north side, tiredness, lack of skill, beer/wine night before, tight right handers, with weight on bars, totally messed up one with bunch of Swiss KTM's up me ass. Back in me ST955 days, had big Baglux I leaned on coming downhill, so weight was off the bars, made it much easier for me to turn in.
   Arm pump ... down the hairpin side is mental eh... a tank bag is great for keeping the steering grip light..  :028:bit like you i was a bit tired - hung over back in 2015 - was on a BMW S1000XR i hired from Milan on my way to Croatia..  it is a mare riding that side during the day..... bikes cars cyclists, buses and Marmots...  i didnt ride it on the way to poland as i had a long day in the saddle to the dolimites..... if you wanna see someone totally screw up a hairpin, watch one of my vids- Bormio to Dolimites - over Passeo Gavia..... fully loaded with girl on the back, tennis elbow and a severe cock up and lack of skill on the approach.....  :008: :005:
« Last Edit: 08 February, 2019, 09:49:29 PM by Gogs Alba »

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #9 on: 08 February, 2019, 10:40:45 PM »
Ok m8, got it. I'll have a watch t'morra, off to bed now.

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci