Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brexit and Triumph part ex prices in mainland Europe  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Brexit and Triumph part ex prices in mainland Europe
« Reply #20 on: 11 February, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
3rd screen lucky, this works for me on the '14 model. Don't think it fits your later model. I picked this 'cos it comes over towards me, bit like a Sprint screen. maybe somebody makes a similar one for the later TS.

https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/tiger-1050se--sport-mra-touring-screen-t-smoke-4025066115167-200715-28178-p.asp
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
  • HP and torque enamoured fool... Famous last words.
  • Bike/Model: TS17, now an S1000XR
  • City / Town: Leuven (Brussels)
« Reply #21 on: 11 February, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »
Hi Paul2bikes,

I have tested the following ones extensively:

- MRA Multi X-creen
- MRA Vario touring
- Puig without spoiler
- Puig with spoiler
- Puig with MRA spoiler
- Puig screen with separate Puig spoiler

None of them were a perfect solution. I know some forum members (like Seangee) have moved the handlebar lower and more to the front to tuck in more behind the screen, but that didn't work for me either because of my neck issues.
« Last Edit: 11 February, 2019, 01:15:50 PM by R3morf3R »

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #22 on: 11 February, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »
Wrong bike for you then eh m8, What about those fugly Madstad screens, they any good?
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: 11 February, 2019, 01:23:42 PM »
It seems to be the wrong bike on the motorway, but only in traffic and at higher speeds.
Most of my driving is currently done on smaller, twistier roads, where I have no issues whatsoever, which makes the whole situation so frustrating.
I'd love to go on longer trips, but for the moment, this will only happen if I put the bike on a trailer and drive by car to whatever region I'd like to do my driving in.

« Last Edit: 11 February, 2019, 01:34:12 PM by R3morf3R »

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #24 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by R3morf3R [+]
@Winger,

If the turbulence on my Tiger Sport wasn't slowly killing me on motorways, I'd refrain from any change, to be quite honest, as the balance of the TS is just awesome.
For the occasional kick in Germany, maybe I could then just rent a SAS/GT/ or an XR, that would be way cheaper....
I'll do some new tests with the screens in the near future. Most of my issues with the TS are that the Puig screen starts flapping around when you're behind traffic and that causes a lot of annoying turbulence and neck/head ache that I don't have with the Puig screen on the XR. Maybe some kind of metal frame extension to support it higher would be a solution. Or just go back to OEM and accept the wind noise.
I wear ear plugs anyway.

Going off at a bit of a tangent but rather relevant in my case because ive Worn Arai Rx7 of some variety or other for years and had various problems with screens etc even had it custom fitted a few years ago in the MotoGP paddock with some success but fast forward to this years NEC show where they completely rebuilt the inside for 89 the difference!!! if I said its incredible that would be an understatement coincidently there was an article in last weeks MCN about why so many folks have helmets that dont fit so dont always think its the screen thats the problem.

Ive used the helmet riding my Tiger and my X/R its a revelation  :001:

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »
Getting back to options on bikes id Never be too concerned about bikes being big sellers my K1200r Sport was such a success BM only made them for 1 year  :001: and I absolutely love it,as the KTM phewww its a strange one alright youll never wear top gear out cuz anything less than 75mph it will not take top gear and yet top isnt an overdrive its about as subtle as a rat with a gold tooth  :745:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #26 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:24:35 PM »
I'd love to go on longer trips, but for the moment, this will only happen if I put the bike on a trailer and drive by car to whatever region I'd like to do my driving in.

The one M'way we use is the one to get us through Belguim quick as, on our way to Italy, horrendously busy & noisy, once past Lux, we choose the best roads. Re helmets as mentioned above, my pal has the old Shoei Quest, mentioned 2nd in the vid below, he has a stock screen & says noise is not an issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=186&v=GO6guuJtPkM

Leonardo da Vinci

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
« Reply #27 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:27:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Going off at a bit of a tangent but rather relevant in my case because ive Worn Arai Rx7 of some variety or other for years and had various problems with screens etc even had it custom fitted a few years ago in the MotoGP paddock with some success but fast forward to this years NEC show where they completely rebuilt the inside for 89 the difference!!! if I said its incredible that would be an understatement coincidently there was an article in last weeks MCN about why so many folks have helmets that dont fit so dont always think its the screen thats the problem.

Ive used the helmet riding my Tiger and my X/R its a revelation  :001:

@winger,

as for helmets, I've tried and or/own(ed):

- AGV Sportmodular (lightest one)
- Lazer Monaco Evo (light one and best one for the summer, because of fabulous venting)
- HJC RPHA MAX EVO (best one for the winter and low standing sun: sold too soon)
- HJC RPHA 90 (great fit, but incredibly loud: returned)
- Scorpion exo 3000 (most silent one: returned)
- Schuberth C3 pro (great helmet technically, but doesn't fit my head in my normal size and the size up is too big and heavy: returned)
- Schuberth C4 (strange fit, loud and heavy: returned)
- X-Lite X 1004 Carbon (head ache after 15 minutes and loud as hell in my case: sold)

I've tested at least another five that didn't make it to this list, because of fit or other major inconveniences (inefficient sun shield, wrong placement of straps, etc...)

I've settled on the AGV Sportmodular for colder season driving and the Lazer Monaco Evo for the summer, for the time being.

Currently haven't found any peaked, modular helmets that are light enough for me to really consider.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #28 on: 11 February, 2019, 03:47:04 PM »
Some of the boys rate the Shoei Hornet.

Did you consider the low screen, seems they now do it for your model. It does work, but you get wet. See link to other thread:

https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php?topic=40115.new;topicseen#new
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
« Reply #29 on: 11 February, 2019, 05:32:37 PM »
@winger,

as for helmets, I've tried and or/own(ed):

- AGV Sportmodular (lightest one)
- Lazer Monaco Evo (light one and best one for the summer, because of fabulous venting)
- HJC RPHA MAX EVO (best one for the winter and low standing sun: sold too soon)
- HJC RPHA 90 (great fit, but incredibly loud: returned)
- Scorpion exo 3000 (most silent one: returned)
- Schuberth C3 pro (great helmet technically, but doesn't fit my head in my normal size and the size up is too big and heavy: returned)
- Schuberth C4 (strange fit, loud and heavy: returned)
- X-Lite X 1004 Carbon (head ache after 15 minutes and loud as hell in my case: sold)

I've tested at least another five that didn't make it to this list, because of fit or other major inconveniences (inefficient sun shield, wrong placement of straps, etc...)

I've settled on the AGV Sportmodular for colder season driving and the Lazer Monaco Evo for the summer, for the time being.

Currently haven't found any peaked, modular helmets that are light enough for me to really consider.

As I had pointed out to me many years ago their are only two types of head that is either Shoei or Arai   :002: