Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fast rider on the Ring  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Fast rider on the Ring
« on: 28 January, 2019, 12:13:33 AM »
Interesting to see this rider on the Nurburgring - he's very good and obviously knows the circuit.

« Last Edit: 28 January, 2019, 12:15:53 AM by Paullie »

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
Re: Fast rider on the Ring
« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2019, 05:40:33 AM »
Really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

He took some really good bends there and you could almost feel the pleasure.

I just get a bit p!ssed off how a car, with fancy electronics, can almost keep up with such great skills. That car driver wasn't taking great lines around some bends and the over cooked ones were being unreasonably accommodated.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: 28 January, 2019, 08:19:17 AM »
Weve been to see several WSB races at the Nurburgring(new track) then afterwards nip next door to watch the entertainment it cannot be described as anything else a combination of watching the  wannabes and realising how slow a bike is up against the cars the difference between the two is remarkable,the fun really starts when the locals are there with their lowered  old 3 series Beemer cars  :005:

Oh and the speed of the Ring taxi with 4 people in it drifting around the corners,I presume a sick bag is a standard fitting  :001:

Online Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 BlackTiger Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »
You need a lot of laps there to be that quick!  Not much run-off for mistakes. I did 5 laps there as a 50th present to myself ....18 years ago!  :001:  it was one of the times I actually had my Firestorm flat out coming up the the home straight. Great trip!
Too old to die young!

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »
Great vid. The boy is a very skilful & quick rider, mebbe a club racer. The car with the camera had no problem keeping with him, the bike was quicker on acceleration but the car caught him easy on the bends. Just imo, any half decent well driven car will beat a bike, out brake & out corner to more than cancel out a bikes acceleration.

Many years ago, there was talk of holding car racing on the TT circuit. Mike Hailwood said, it will spoil the TT, the speeds will make the bikes appear slow. So happy they listened to him.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2019, 06:33:33 PM »
I don't enjoy the super quick stuff, in a car, as much as on a bike. Doesn't feel as natural, as the cornering fights the laws of physics.

Bikes are generally quicker, with their higher power to weight ratio, however agreed that there is no question 4 x low profile 255 width tyres is always going to out brake a rounded section of a 180/190/200 width bike tyre.

It's the old 100,000 vs 20,000 value for money argument, that makes us ride bikes. More thrill, less money  :169:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2019, 07:07:25 PM »
Don't need to spend that much m8., I rec'n most any of the sporty medium sized cars will beat a bike on a track. Don't need an M3, when there's a Honda Civic Type R, SEAT Leon Cupra, Focus RS or VW Golf GT, 30k'ish will do the job. A bike just won't corner or brake like a car with its 4 tyres on the deck. Just imo of course, but we have all played that game. Won some, lost some.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #7 on: 28 January, 2019, 11:24:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Don't need to spend that much m8., I rec'n most any of the sporty medium sized cars will beat a bike on a track. Don't need an M3, when there's a Honda Civic Type R, SEAT Leon Cupra, Focus RS or VW Golf GT, 30k'ish will do the job. A bike just won't corner or brake like a car with its 4 tyres on the deck. Just imo of course, but we have all played that game. Won some, lost some.

Well you're not wrong. A few years back, a work colleague asked me to take his new car for a test drive, as he said he was sure I would be impressed. I thanked him, but told him I wasn't in to hot hatches. Anyway, he insisted. It was a Skoda Fabia RS. 1,400cc engine that is both super charged and turbo charged. I gave it some serious welly, for 15 minutes and must say, I was very impressed. I've not ever had the confidence to broadside a bike at speed. Dirt bike stuff is easy enough, but it's not quite the same as a >1,000cc road machine. It is just so easy to take a bend too fast, in a fast car, and counter steer it back on to the line. Most of that type of vehicle don't have the top end of a bike and it is only the more expensive cars that will go over 140Mph.

There's an excellent Aerial Atom vs Corvette Nurbergring video, well worth watching. Possibly closest bike type lightweight qualities vs car battle I have seen. Very good.
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2019, 11:30:40 PM by Yellow Dog »

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #8 on: 29 January, 2019, 08:41:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Most of that type of vehicle don't have the top end of a bike and it is only the more expensive cars that will go over 140Mph.

By 'eck YD, are the cars de-tuned for NZ. 25k will buy ya a car capable of 140mph. Many cooking family saloons would beat our TS's on a track.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/kia/ceed-gt/first-drives/kia-ceed-gt-2019-review

Here ya go have a luksee at a Ford Focus hot hatch for a bit more dosh, 165mph.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/focus-rs/first-drives/ford-focus-rs-race-red-edition-2018-uk-review
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #9 on: 29 January, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
There's an excellent Aerial Atom vs Corvette Nurbergring video, well worth watching. Possibly closest bike type lightweight qualities vs car battle I have seen. Very good.
I didn't know the Ariel Atom, so interesting. Especially as you could see the exposed front suspension working.