Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Susten Pass ride  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Susten Pass ride
« Reply #30 on: 18 January, 2019, 11:13:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gogs Alba [+]
I missnamed a part of Slovenia- the Kranska Gora was the area within the Triglav National park... awesome..  yes it sounds as if you have toured extensively for years.... youll have thousands of photos i imagine..  Bummer about the missus...  dont want to pry, but if its the long motorway miles to and from the sweet riding areas in Europe, there is always Bikeshuttle from Northhampton - they have the Geneva and now Tolouse pick up and drop off points.... Using these guys has saved me ( as im further up the country) 4 days , two there and two back.

Not for everyone i know, but i hate motorways with a vengance.... my tour to Poland, i never touched one until the return leg  from Kracow...  My girl wasnt well and all the motorwy mileage wouldve been torture for her...

I havent been through the Verdon gorge on a bike as yet, will do next time im anywhere near... if you went back year after year it must have been special :028:

Don't know Slovenia, passed through, camped one night on route to Croatia.
Re Missus. Bad crash (solo) Dundee hospital 11 days, shipped home for 3 years phyisio, missus upset & with our riding friends being killed a few years earlier. She's ok with me touring with me chums.

Never tried bikeshuttle, I go Hull/Zeebrugge overnight ferry. M'way stint through Belguim, gets me the 360 miles down into the Vosges for teatime, decide from there. Went Hull/Rotterdam for Prague. The Verdon Gorge is worth couple days if you're riding route Napoleon, ride the outer & inner rings of the gorge, see the Vultures rising on the thermals.

Great to hear your travels, inspiring me with enthusiasm to get off me ass more this year.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 08
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #31 on: 18 January, 2019, 07:30:40 PM »
Geez, That's what i get for bringing up the topic re your good lady... no surprise touring is a no go with her then. Has taken me 18 years to get mine to tour ... she now loves most of it... risky step- just planning and booking it all then springing it on her.... from only ever spending an hour or so a year to touring  for three weeks , riding 7 or more countries, 9-12 hour days in the saddle... girl done good and i wasnt dumped.

As said using Bikeshuttle service has its flaws but for me , the time saved and the exra days riding i can do makes it worthwhile.. Thanks for the advice re the Verdon Gorge ... Glad you feel motivated , now go and carve out some travel plan...get into the workshop and dig out your camping gear, it'll need aired  :007:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #32 on: 18 January, 2019, 08:10:39 PM »
 :008: :008: Yes, this years trip is all sorted with ferry booked & paid for. Camp sites planned. Be doing a few rallies before that & a tour of Scotland after. Sumert to do innit.  :152:
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 08
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #33 on: 18 January, 2019, 08:28:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
:008: :008: Yes, this years trip is all sorted with ferry booked & paid for. Camp sites planned. Be doing a few rallies before that & a tour of Scotland after. Sumert to do innit.  :152:

:005:   Just one or two trips then.... don't spoil yourself mind   :008:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #34 on: 19 January, 2019, 10:02:56 AM »
I go Hull/Zeebrugge overnight ferry. M'way stint through Belguim, gets me the 360 miles down into the Vosges for teatime, ......

I guess you take the motorway down to Luxembourg, but which route think you best from there down to the Vosges? Via Strasbourg?

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #35 on: 19 January, 2019, 10:40:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]

I guess you take the motorway down to Luxembourg, but which route think you best from there down to the Vosges? Via Strasbourg?

Nah Strasbourg is not on my route?
Where I stop in the North/South Vosges depends where I'm heading next, if I'm gonna head down the 500 1st stop might be Niederbronn. Otherwise past Nancy, then for 1st stop Kaysersberg via St Die. For 1st stop at Masevaux, via Nancy & over the Ballon. Good campsites at all 3 with a short walk into town. They are all nice towns, Kaysersberg is a chocolate box town with a great restaurant. Masevaux campsite has a bar & was run by a Scottish couple for many years, now retired. Niederbronn is good also. I can be at any for teatime from Zeebrugge.

Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #36 on: 19 January, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »
Nah Strasbourg is not on my route?
Where I stop in the North/South Vosges depends where I'm heading next, if I'm gonna head down the 500 1st stop might be Niederbronn. Otherwise past Nancy, then for 1st stop Kaysersberg via St Die. For 1st stop at Masevaux, via Nancy & over the Ballon. Good campsites at all 3 with a short walk into town. They are all nice towns, Kaysersberg is a chocolate box town with a great restaurant. Masevaux campsite has a bar & was run by a Scottish couple for many years, now retired. Niederbronn is good also. I can be at any for teatime from Zeebrugge.
I know you tend to go further south, but don't forget if you're passing by Brussels you're welcome to tea or stopover (though there's a risk some nice extras might vanish ...  :164:  ).

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #37 on: 19 January, 2019, 08:18:17 PM »
I know you tend to go further south, but don't forget if you're passing by Brussels you're welcome to tea or stopover (though there's a risk some nice extras might vanish ...  :164:  ).

Ha, thanks for the offer m8, Brussels is one place I can't get past quick enough, that circular is one scary place to be filtering. Past Namur it's fine.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #38 on: 19 January, 2019, 08:37:10 PM »
Ha, thanks for the offer m8, Brussels is one place I can't get past quick enough, that circular is one scary place to be filtering. Past Namur it's fine.
Understand, though I reckon the M25 is worse ... !

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #39 on: 19 January, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »
Understand, though I reckon the M25 is worse ... !

I stopped using the M25 about 10 years ago. We used to go down Dover ferry & rallies down Chislehurst.
Leonardo da Vinci