Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Susten Pass ride  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Magnetman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2014
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Re: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Susten Pass ride
« Reply #10 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:46:56 PM »
Brilliant!
I'd forgotten how epic those roads were. I did the same passes about 14 years ago on a trip to Mugello for the Moto GP.

Thanks for posting the vid. :152:

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 08
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #11 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:59:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Magnetman [+]
Brilliant!
I'd forgotten how epic those roads were. I did the same passes about 14 years ago on a trip to Mugello for the Moto GP.

Thanks for posting the vid. :152:

You're most welcome...

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #12 on: 15 January, 2019, 10:51:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by tommy1 [+]
Great long trip  :028:    I'm waiting for next movies from Alps and Poland of course.  You're lucky because of the weather in  swiss Alps.

We were fortunate regarding the weather for sure...  it was proper hot all the way through swisserland, The italian lakes, Stelvio to the Dolimites, a bit of rain but in bursts during the nights and late afternoon.  In Slovakia it was back to being really hot all the way to Poland ... and only had one day of proper riding rain in the Tyrol and into Gruyere ... on the way back to Geneva.....
you can access more videos through  Gogs Alba in Youtube.... havent uploaded the Slovakia to Poland stretch yet..... think i have 260 Gig of footage to edit.......  Loved riding into Poland through the country from north Slovakia.... a friends wedding in Krakow was brilliant as well....

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #13 on: 15 January, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »
I will have a look at your YouTube channel gogs and check out gothzilla as well 👍
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #14 on: 15 January, 2019, 11:27:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
I will have a look at your YouTube channel gogs and check out gothzilla as well 👍

The channel looks empty, just click on the videos tab... one of myown  favoutites is the stelvio one.... but to get the sequence - The Furka and the first Susten one puts them in watch order.....
Gothzilla do a bit of touring as well..... they are pretty tight and sound grand live. :028:

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
« Reply #15 on: 16 January, 2019, 02:20:11 AM »
Awesome. Beautiful. Epic.  My vocabulary is limited to mostly four letter words so I can't think of any more descriptions. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more. 

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #16 on: 16 January, 2019, 06:10:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Grouchybastard [+]
................................. My vocabulary is limited to mostly four letter words so I can't think of any more descriptions. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more.

Coming from South London  me too, but if I use them I'll get banned. Forums ave toaught me to talk proper, in it :001:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #17 on: 16 January, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
Ayup Gogs, just watched your vid on the Stelvio, brilliant. Is that a ride up from Bormio to the top & back to Bormio? Solo with no luggage and early morning was how I should have done it also. I was camped up at Cepina, just a few miles before Bormio, 9.30am before I got packed up & on the road, with 100lbs of luggage on board 'cos continuing over the other side to Merano then down to Lake Garda to chill out & drink beer, needed it after that ride. This old fart (66 back then) wobbled round some of the right handers coming down when heavier traffic stopped me using all the road. At one point the dreaded Volvo 740 was coming up and cut the bend across me, that was a tad unnerving to say the least. It's the only pass I don't wish to do again. Certainly not loaded up with camping gear.

Link to Gogs Stelvio ride, a great watch:
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #18 on: 16 January, 2019, 12:35:53 PM »
I enjoyed it too, nice reading of the road. Soundtrack was great also, just the sound of the motor plus one addition - "...crap, effing crap ...", or something like that ...  :001:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #19 on: 16 January, 2019, 01:35:44 PM »
View from the top of the Stelvio when you got off the bike was awesome  :020:
you were lucky to have a pretty much empty road going up & down, not sure i would want to attempt it with a busy road especially on all those hairpins where you have to use both sides of the road to get round  :005:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.