Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Susten Pass ride  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 08
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Susten Pass ride
« on: 14 January, 2019, 10:04:20 PM »
This part of the tour was day 2 in which i rode the Furka, Susten and Grimsel Pasess before we rode down into Lake Como... epic day of riding .....

Gogs

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Tiger on Tour to Poland and back - Susten Pass ride
« Reply #1 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:23:37 PM »
 :123: absolutely epic Gog's  :152:
I Have GOT to do that  :152:
Wow.... fantastic roads, scenery, tunnels, curves and a great soundtrack  :123:
Was that last track from the Scorpions?
Have you got extended mirrors and what's the cylindrical thing on the l hand mirror?
Was that all 3 passes you mention below?
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:39:40 PM »
Looks like some great riding! Was wondering about the blue tape and QR connector on the RH mirror - airbag gilet?

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
Great to see it on film, super vid, enjoyed that. The Susten is a brilliant road, good surface. Did you stay at Innertkirchen to ride the circular route over the 3 passes? I've stayed at Camping Grimselblick a couple of times, it's back of the hotel. Good campsite but last time there was heavy rain & wind, some tents were floating.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #4 on: 15 January, 2019, 03:47:07 PM »
Pukka, enough said
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:19:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
:123: absolutely epic Gog's  :152:
I Have GOT to do that  :152:
Wow.... fantastic roads, scenery, tunnels, curves and a great soundtrack  :123:
Was that last track from the Scorpions?
Have you got extended mirrors and what's the cylindrical thing on the l hand mirror?
Was that all 3 passes you mention below?

Definetely my favourite route to do the the figure of eight Swiss passes - Furka first - susten 2nd then the Grimsel third... The video was the second part of the route only taking in the susten from half way up coming from Wassen .

I have a few vids from that tour uploaded to my Youtube channel, including the first part of te route over the Furka. The last part over grimsel was excellent , however my camera battery died  :012: 

Yes, i have mirror extentions - need them when two up and fully loaded- nothing to do with my girth of course  :016:  The cylindrical thing is a Ram mount for one of my cameras...

The soundtrack is a band my mate is in called 'Gothzilla' a scottish band.... you can check them out from a link in the description on the video from the channel i set up in youtube.... I use it as a repository for all edited vids which i will refer to and watch in my dotage.....

Glad you enjoyed it.

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Looks like some great riding! Was wondering about the blue tape and QR connector on the RH mirror - airbag gilet?

Left my hotel at 06:30 to ensure traffic free riding... best part of the day in my opinion....  i rode back up und over with my good lady on the way to como that day... the road was a lot busier....in other vids you may be offended or laugh at the amount of times i curse the camper vans in my road.....  :015:

The blue tape you refer to isnt for an airbag gilet.. its a lanyard with a clip for name badge or keys.... I strap it to the bikes mirror stem to remind me to ride on the right.... and when fully loaded to remind me to ride on the right  and as i filter / lane spilt it reminds me i have PANNIERS attached....  :156:

That was my first time over the susten pass, have been over the pass again a few times last summer and never get bored of the experience....
Tiger was excellent the whole tour....

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:50:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Great to see it on film, super vid, enjoyed that. The Susten is a brilliant road, good surface. Did you stay at Innertkirchen to ride the circular route over the 3 passes? I've stayed at Camping Grimselblick a couple of times, it's back of the hotel. Good campsite but last time there was heavy rain & wind, some tents were floating.

Glad you you enjoyed it, you're right it is a brilliant road. I would say that you enjoy it better than the Nufenan and the Furka as the surface and camber is looked after better and doesnt attract the volumes of traffic or the Feds as much..  On this tour i stayed at The Grimsel Hotel in Obergorms and in last years tour to Slovenia - the long way round i stayed in Wassen- at the hotel on the corner before you head up into the Susten Pass..   

I have a cache of hotels across Europe that i have stayed and and saved.... My girl would not have came if we were camping.... very costly to hotel it everwhere, but a good shower and a beer or three out of the elemnts keeps you fresher for more riding... especially if  you are riding daily for twelve hour stints  over a week or four....( in my  humble opinion of course) . Timing is everything i feel when to ride the passes-  My present to myself was to get up super early in all countries and ride the passes before the world wakes up.... i then am calm and can tour the rest of the day without freaking my girl out.... The tiger is a big old girl fully loaded as im sure you have experienced hundreds of times, strip her of the weight and she be all nimble like. suspension mods and set up of course :123:

As mentioned before there are a few more vids i can attach or direct people to the You Tube channel.. They are long videos though with a Forward POV camera... made for my own enjoyment,,, if you can handle me droning on and my choice of music in some of them, fell free to view ..

The Tiger was and still is a great tourer... been blown away by it since i bought it in 2016- a month before i rode it to Poland and back........ no problems with it at all.....superb ..

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Pukka, enough said

Indeed Timbox, indeed....
riding to work and back just isnt the same, just now..... looking forward to the new camping and run season....

Offline tommy1

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 10
  • City / Town: Sosnowiec
« Reply #9 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:37:39 PM »
Great long trip  :028:    I'm waiting for next movies from Alps and Poland of course.  You're lucky because of the weather in  swiss Alps.