Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi to all new member uk  (Read 562 times)

Offline Timtiger1050

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
Hi to all new member uk
« on: 13 January, 2019, 02:28:43 AM »
Hi have owned a 13 plate sport for 4 years now and its been a love / hate relationship ....love the engine hate the fuelling, nearly got rid of it on more than one occasion
SC high level can , K&N air filter ran like a bag of crap at low speeds even with arrow map ( damned EU regs), tried booster plug but started using oil removed it back to not using a drop, now have a custom map with oxy' sensor and SAI turned off and was checked on a dyno runs like a bike with carbitooters now, what joy!
have just fitted a Nitron NTR R1 rear shock with HPA ,talk about chalk and cheese it has transformed the back end , no more under steer round the corners so I am now playing with air gap etc to try to get the forks to work
anyway long story short she is definitely staying in the stable now and will be run into the ground ( bought her with 8k on, now on 37k).
looking forward to some good banter with you all and maybe meet up with some of you sometime.
regards Timtiger1050.

« Last Edit: 13 January, 2019, 02:46:26 AM by Timtiger1050 »

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
Re: Hi to all new member uk
« Reply #1 on: 13 January, 2019, 03:08:48 AM »
 :405:   

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #2 on: 13 January, 2019, 05:51:49 AM »
Nice one Tim  :028:

Love the avatar photo. If that's you, you really do need to consider a full face helmet :169:

Glad you worked out the Love/Hate thing with the Tiger. The whole thing about the MKI, is that is was an unfinished project for you to personalise to your own preference. Te  MKII was supposed to be finished, but as you have shown..... Not quite  :006:

I went from an MKI to an MKIII - Very good indeed  :152:

2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Timtiger1050

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Grouchybastard.

Yellow Dog
Ive not ridden the mk3 as of yet so cant comment , but not keen on all the electrickery, especially the fact that triumph have locked the ecu, if they had done that with the mk2 it definitely would have gone down the road without me on it!

Online Timbox

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 TS Matt Black
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #4 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:39:48 AM »
Hi and welcome from another Tim, glad you got it sorted.

Im still playing with Forks on my Mk3,  Wilbers springs have gone in but smaller air gap is next on list as they will still bottom out on occasions
2016 Tiger Sport, Power Commander, DNA, Wilbers Suspension, Healtech Q/S

Offline Timtiger1050

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »
Hi Tim box
I found your "new data" sheet that you posted last year and interesting that triumph had increased the air gap in the forks from 69mm to 85mm
hadn't seen this before ,funny as that is exactly what im doing as im sick of it pogoing about, at 200lbs (geared up) i found very little movement over smaller bumps, yesterday i decided to change seals and oil and have a 100mm air gap at the mo (not ridden it yet but thinking a bit soft) and intended to add 10mm at a time to see where I ended up.... i think I have just found the answer being another 15mm to give me the 85mm, many thanks to you and wish id payed more attention on here two years ago when i joined Doh! many many thanks Tim
« Last Edit: 13 January, 2019, 08:59:42 AM by Timtiger1050 »

Online Timbox

• Tiger God
« Reply #6 on: 13 January, 2019, 08:59:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timtiger1050 [+]
Hi Tim box
I found your "new data" sheet that you posted last year and interesting that triumph had increased the air gap in the forks from 69mm to 85mm
hadn't seen this before ,funny as that is exactly what im doing as im sick of it pogoing about, at 200lbs (geared up) i found very little movement over smaller bumps, yesterday i decided to change seals and oil and have a 100mm air gap at the mo (not ridden it yet but thinking a bit soft) and intended to add 10mm (using a medical syringe)at a time to see where I ended up.... i think I have just found the answer being another 15mm, many thanks to you and wish id payed more attention on here two years ago when i joined Doh! many many thanks Tim

Yeah, but Wilbers recommend a 120mm Gap with their springs which I think is well out.

PS: Airgap shouldnt have any effect on small bumps, normally only the last 30% of travel
« Last Edit: 13 January, 2019, 09:06:12 AM by Timbox »

Offline Timtiger1050

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: 13 January, 2019, 09:03:58 AM »
timbox
with the wilbers and that gap is it too hard or soft ? im still on standard OEM springs so will try this first before splashing out again as the nitron shock wasn't cheap and i don't have bottomless pockets lol
Timtiger

Online Timbox

• Tiger God
« Reply #8 on: 13 January, 2019, 09:07:51 AM »
timbox
with the wilbers and that gap is it too hard or soft ? im still on standard OEM springs so will try this first before splashing out again as the nitron shock wasn't cheap and i don't have bottomless pockets lol
Timtiger

Pretty good over small stuff but over big hits and if I really have to hit the anchors they bottom

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #9 on: 13 January, 2019, 09:11:03 AM »
timbox
Timtiger

There's an adjuster knob you can get for the OEM spring. Really good. You can wind up or down to suit. VFR Paul does them,
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8