Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)  (Read 1534 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 3323
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: United Kingdom
Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« on: 09 January, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »
So, Ive got Dealer tool which does everything I need on the TS, but thought It might be nice to have Tune ECU on me phone for when Im out and about. Bought the proper version off play store 10, and then ordered an OBD II bluetooth module off Amazon which said it was version 1.5, well It dont work. The phone sees it and connects but Tune ECU says its not compatible, so lesson learnt, now ordered a Lonelec One which Tune ECU says definitely works. The amazon one was only 7 so not a disaster, and the proper Lonelec one is only 14.

Note to self, dont try to be a cheapskate :001:

I should know better, went through this with cables for the old Tune ECU, Twin Power cable the only good un
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 3323
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #1 on: 10 January, 2019, 06:43:25 PM »
Yeah, success.

This is the OBD you need: From Lonelec




Snazzy

Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Fossil

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 396
  • Bike/Model: 2018 BlackTiger Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
  • Country: Uk
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #2 on: 10 January, 2019, 10:30:04 PM »
Good clear pics Tim!  Are they from your phone? Am I right in thinking Tuneecu doesn't work on IPads or IPhones? It's all I have so I may have to get an Android phone or laptop.  Sorry, I'm not very 'techie' but trying to learn what I need to  as I want to be able to keep an eye on my TS.  Cheers, Rob.
Too old to die young!

Offline JohnnyWheels

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • *
  • Posts: 242
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger SE (red)
  • City / Town: Jackson, Mississippi
  • Country: USA
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #3 on: 10 January, 2019, 11:00:46 PM »
No IOS or Mac OS versions of Tune ECU; only Android and Windows.

If you go the Android route make sure it's a non-adulterated version of Android. I tried to get Tune ECU running on an Amazon Fire tablet, which has a doctored version of Android. I could get it to install but it would not run.

Good luck!
-----------------------------------------------------
2012 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Fossil

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 396
  • Bike/Model: 2018 BlackTiger Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
  • Country: Uk
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #4 on: 10 January, 2019, 11:31:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by JohnnyWheels [+]
No IOS or Mac OS versions of Tune ECU; only Android and Windows.

If you go the Android route make sure it's a non-adulterated version of Android. I tried to get Tune ECU running on an Amazon Fire tablet, which has a doctored version of Android. I could get it to install but it would not run.

Good luck!

Thankyou! That's a great help I'll  find something suitable,   :031:  Rob.
Too old to die young!

Offline Aphex

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 48
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hesperia
  • Country: United States
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #5 on: 11 January, 2019, 02:53:41 AM »
2010 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Yellow Dog

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 9578
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
  • Country: New Zealand
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #6 on: 11 January, 2019, 06:35:05 AM »
Sounds like they sent you a duff one Tim.

Mine cost about US$3.00 & works perfectly.

Just so long as you avoid the ' All Protocols' ones, you'll be fine.  :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 3323
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #7 on: 11 January, 2019, 07:52:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Sounds like they sent you a duff one Tim.

Mine cost about US$3.00 & works perfectly.

Just so long as you avoid the ' All Protocols' ones, you'll be fine.  :031:

I think you struck lucky YD, and thats the issue, same with the old Cables, some work some dont. But some are guaranteed to work like the Trumph Twin Power Cable, and the above Lonelec Bluetooth. Yeah they cost a few bucks more, you pays yer money.........................
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 3323
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #8 on: 11 January, 2019, 07:55:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Fossil [+]
Good clear pics Tim!  Are they from your phone? Am I right in thinking Tuneecu doesn't work on IPads or IPhones? It's all I have so I may have to get an Android phone or laptop.  Sorry, I'm not very 'techie' but trying to learn what I need to  as I want to be able to keep an eye on my TS.  Cheers, Rob.

Ive installed Tune ECU on both my Samsung phone and Tablet, the above are screenshots from the tablet just because its bigger
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Fossil

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 396
  • Bike/Model: 2018 BlackTiger Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
  • Country: Uk
Re: Tune ECU Android (Bluetooth)
« Reply #9 on: 11 January, 2019, 08:58:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Ive installed Tune ECU on both my Samsung phone and Tablet, the above are screenshots from the tablet just because its bigger

Cheers Tim!
Too old to die young!