Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger Sport headlight conversion finally fails!  (Read 607 times)

Offline Tunnel Rat 2

• Tiger Member
Re: Tiger Sport headlight conversion finally fails!
« Reply #10 on: 08 January, 2019, 07:59:45 PM »
But more of an update.
Fault still didnt clear despite sorting a few loose terminals on the lighting upgrade loom.
Bit the proverbial bullet and handed the bike over to a local shed-in-the-back-garden bike mech simply to have a fresh set of eyes and brain cells tackle the problem, with an agreed time/cost limit after which itd be put back together, fixed or not.
The entire issue was traceable to water ingress where the lighting sub-loom (NOT the upgrade loom) joins the main loom.
Water had got in, and started rotting out the core of the cables within.
Damaged cables were stripped back, fresh connector fitted and the problem really is gone this time.
Of note, the chap said the upgrade loom was the best bit of wiring on the bike!

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
Re: Tiger Sport headlight conversion finally fails!
« Reply #11 on: 09 January, 2019, 12:02:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tunnel Rat 2 [+]
But more of an update.
Fault still didnt clear despite sorting a few loose terminals on the lighting upgrade loom.
Bit the proverbial bullet and handed the bike over to a local shed-in-the-back-garden bike mech simply to have a fresh set of eyes and brain cells tackle the problem, with an agreed time/cost limit after which itd be put back together, fixed or not.
The entire issue was traceable to water ingress where the lighting sub-loom (NOT the upgrade loom) joins the main loom.
Water had got in, and started rotting out the core of the cables within.
Damaged cables were stripped back, fresh connector fitted and the problem really is gone this time.
Of note, the chap said the upgrade loom was the best bit of wiring on the bike!

Yes, I see what you mean about a fresh set of eyes. He was looking for the problem, where as you were checking out the new loom.

I used to do that sort of stuff myself. Very tedious and easy to lose sight of the objective.

These days, I just don't have the patience. Nerves go, quickly followed by the eye-sight  :019:

What a great resource to have on hand  :062:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8