Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TOR notes and some questions  (Read 133 times)

Offline slartidbartfast

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Louisiana
TOR notes and some questions
« on: 29 December, 2018, 08:25:40 PM »
A few days ago, I finally got a look at the muffler stamp and was pleased to note it's a TOR exhaust.  I noted a bit of carbon build up around the exit, a very sensitive throttle right off zero, and it was poping a lot on deceleration so I had a look to see what tune was already installed?

The fuel map read from the bike with TuneECU looked like an original Triumph tune (20548.)  Presumably this isn't the very original one that can damage pistons but it's also NOT the one for the TOR exhaust.  I downloaded the TOR tune (20549) to the bike.  The weather was nice yesterday so we had a 150-mile run around some nice back roads and four-lane (dual carriageway.) The new tune has not had a significant effect on the off-idle snatchiness but it has made the bike noticeably smoother over the rest of the low throttle (sub 1/3-ish) range. I did not notice any significant power difference but that's pretty hard to evaluate without a dyno anyway. Oddly, both I and my riding companions noted that the exhaust seems somewhat quieter. It also pops a bit less on the overrun.

If I wanted to adjust the thermo fan limit, how do I do that? I could not find any options to change that setting (or the other listed parameters.)

Also, does adjusting the speedo also affect the odometer?  The speedo is about 5 mph fast in the 70-80 mph range, which is pretty bad IMO - however, I'm not going to try and fix it if it will throw the odometer out of calibration.
2008 Tiger 1050 ABS, 2016 KTM 1290 SA(T), 1985 BMW R80RT, 2008 Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS, 2006 Suzuki DR 350, 1987 Yamaha TW 200, 2001 Hyosung 125

Online TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
Re: TOR notes and some questions
« Reply #1 on: 29 December, 2018, 11:41:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by slartidbartfast [+]
version
If I wanted to adjust the thermo fan limit, how do I do that? I could not find any options to change that setting (or the other listed parameters.)
If using TuneECU open the Map Edit tab. The 'Parameters' list is on the LHS where you can adjust the Thermo Fan (C)  'On' setting. Standard is 103C, I usually set mine to 100C. The 6 differential isn't changed so the Fan Off temp will be adjusted down by the same amount.
If using TuneBoy it depends on which version but you'll need to be familiar with TuneEdit.

*Originally Posted by slartidbartfast [+]
.....does adjusting the speedo also affect the odometer?
No