Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: So much for the series R/R theory  (Read 673 times)

Offline Nods

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Red Tiger SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
Re: So much for the series R/R theory
« Reply #10 on: 24 December, 2018, 06:56:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by TCC [+]
Hi Nods, good to hear from you. Gotta admit I was a little concerned since I've tried to contact you on more than one occasion, as has Buzzard, with no success.

G'day TC, great to see you and Buzzard are still here.  I changed my number with my job about two years ago and since then haven't had time to scratch myself.  I'm doing a good ride with some work mates on Friday 28th if you or anyone is free.  They call it the five ferries run, so somewhere around Wiseman's Ferry, with lunch at St Albans pub.  There'll be plenty of cops about with double demerits on offer, so it will be a leisurely pace.

Back to the topic, what a difference a good battery makes (as everyone on here has been saying since forever).  I got a like for like replacement with a 14 series SSB Powersport, but at idle I now get 13.8-13.9v instead of the usual 13.6v.  And the battery holds 12.8V, which the old one never did - I never saw above 12.6v on the old one, which leads me to believe it wasn't quite right from the start.  I always had to have it on the charger the night before a ride to make sure it would start.  I got the old battery load tested and it showed 220 CCA with the label saying 340 CCA.  The guy said it should be alright, but I told him it was 2 years old and couldn't crank the bike fast enough when fully charged and he said "oh yeah, time for a new one".

Just on testing parasitic current draw, can someone let me know if this is what I'm supposed to be doing?  The +ve cable is connected to the +ve terminal.  Does this look right?  I saw 2mA, so I think this is right.

Voltmeter at idle - everything is better with a new battery  :001:

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: So much for the series R/R theory
« Reply #11 on: 24 December, 2018, 07:17:24 AM »
Yep, thats right mate, and 2mA is pretty good
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS