Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel gauge inaccuracy and remedies...?  (Read 1718 times)

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Fuel gauge inaccuracy and remedies...?
« Reply #30 on: 03 January, 2019, 08:24:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zevk [+]
Hi tigermike,

I discovered the following

I can get another 2 liters (maybe 3) when filling tank on Centr stand and then the fuel bars rise to almost full

The km remaining function is purely a guide and it takes the measurements from the eco fuel air demand at set intravals (ie every 3 min...) and not continuous so for instance if you are just cruising at a steady relaxed 4000 rpm 100 kph speed the fuel till empty, is optimistic and displays a HIGH reading of fuel remaining

If you are hammering at 7000 rpm, the opposite, less fuel remaining, so it is dependent on the engine demand not actual fuel in the tank...

I dont think a fuel additive would do anything to the float but glad it helped with your readings

I use motleys fuel additive made in nz with every fill. It has a lubricant in it and my cars run smoother as well
hi Zevk
I always fill up on the centre stand as i wouldnt get enough fuel in to last the 4 trips of 50 miles, most fill ups most i can get in is 18.5 litres (thats right to the brim slowly)
i generally ride/cruise at 5500 to 6000 rpm so 85 - 90 along the motorway -  so 46 mpg is pretty good i think  :027:
yeh i know the miles to go is only a rough-ish guide as i know even when the gauge gets to zero i know i can do another 25 - 30 miles without running dry  :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #31 on: 04 January, 2019, 05:25:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
I always fill up on the centre stand as i wouldnt get enough fuel in to last the 4 trips of 50 miles, most fill ups most i can get in is 18.5 litres (thats right to the brim slowly)

Yes, me too.  :152:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #32 on: 04 January, 2019, 11:19:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zevk [+]
I dont think a fuel additive would do anything to the float but glad it helped with your readings

I use motleys fuel additive made in nz with every fill. It has a lubricant in it and my cars run smoother as well

Redex is well-known as a fuel additive for cleaning out gummed up areas in the fuel feed - has been around for over 40 years. I'm not surprised it freed up the float mechanism (although how long it will last may be another story).

On distance per tank I usually just measure the miles since last fillup (also the centre stand). Can usually go up to 200 miles, even though the instruments have been shouting '0' for 20 miles. Even then, never filled up with more than 18.7 litres ...