Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: One Thing  (Read 816 times)

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
Re: One Thing
« Reply #10 on: 21 December, 2018, 10:49:56 PM »
Has to be running the right tune for your configuration and then sorting out the suspension  :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
« Reply #11 on: 22 December, 2018, 01:09:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Lowering, on my previous T1050, by 25 mm made a big difference to self-confidence when coming to a halt.

I did not expect that response, but it makes total sense.

I did expect suspension or tires to be number one.   After reading damn near every page of the suspension thread, and making my own adjustments, it's time to turn to the pros. 

I guess my next question will be..... How does something that doesn't really handle all that well make you want to just keep going when it's time to turn for home?  :027:

Last weekend was dry but barely above freezing. The bikes hadn't been ridden for a couple weeks so I thought I'd run em down the road and back.  I took the strom for about a 10 mile loop.   Was gonna do the same on the Tiger....... Ended up going about 40 miles

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #12 on: 22 December, 2018, 10:22:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Lowering, on my previous T1050, by 25 mm made a big difference to self-confidence when coming to a halt.

Same here, 25mm lowered the C of G as well as bringing the floor closer. Much easier manoeuvring in & out of the garage.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Aphex

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hesperia
« Reply #13 on: 22 December, 2018, 05:15:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by TimboLeMatelot [+]

a Nitron rear shock....

Really kicking myself in the ass for missing out on a well sorted Nitron for $600 shipped on eBay.
2010 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline pcarnut

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #14 on: 23 December, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]

Same here, 25mm lowered the C of G as well as bringing the floor closer. Much easier manoeuvring in & out of the garage.
Ditto here.  Did the lowering links for a friends bike, and to me at least, it handled better so did the same to mine.  Only negatives are slightly more chance to touch a peg down and putting it on the center stand takes more effort (bit more of a lift), but still worth it.
2018 Explorer
2011 1050 SE
1984 R100S Last Edition