Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottoiler X System  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Halifax
Re: Scottoiler X System
« Reply #10 on: 07 January, 2019, 04:38:08 AM »
Well, bit of an update, I spent quite some time fitting my new X system to the TS. Everything fitted really well I was happy with the positioning of the system ect, when it came to priming the unit it wouldn't prime despite following all the instructions and the trouble shooting guide. It appears the electronic pump is faulty. I'm still waiting for an exchange unit from M&P then I will try again. They said they didn't have any feedback at the moment on faulty systems because it is such a new product. I'm a little concerned about the comments about too much oil even on the lowest setting, I suppose I'll have to suck it and see when the replacement arrives....

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #11 on: 07 January, 2019, 11:01:13 AM »
I don't know the X system but on the E system I have to set the monitor to whatever is in the reservoir. If the monitor is registering empty the oiler won't work. The idea is to protect the pump. So if the monitor said half full, the pump would continue pumping with no oil in res' so burn itself out. The boys at Scottoiler are really good at helping with any problems.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #12 on: 07 January, 2019, 11:49:30 AM »
Listening to this, I'm quite glad I have the simple V system!

If the oiler's too generous even at the lowest setting, you can always try the thicker red Scottoil instead of the blue.

Some people even use chainsaw oil in them, which is about sae 100 iirc. But Scottoil won't mix with other oils, so clean out the system before or after changing to different make.
« Last Edit: 07 January, 2019, 11:51:11 AM by Paullie »

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #13 on: 07 January, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Listening to this, I'm quite glad I have the simple V system!

Much simpler innit, I have the V system on my '14 TS but Triumph say it can screw up the electrickery on the later models, so my T800 had the E system. It has some good points.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline ianrd

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 1050 sport
  • City / Town: Scottish Borders
« Reply #14 on: 07 January, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »
Hi there I am on my second x system the first one had a fault on the mounting bracket,the reservoir came out of the mounting and hit the back wheel,whilst on the motorway,the second one dispenses to much oil.But that could have been the great warm weather we had in the summer, might have been to much for it.So I gave up and built my own,i am more than happy with and i use chain saw oil.
i wish you good luck with scott oiler

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #15 on: 07 January, 2019, 07:19:00 PM »
Ha, like Marmite aint they. I've had um for the past 24 years, got um on 3 bikes now. Had a couple of little issues but soon sorted.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: 08 January, 2019, 04:27:14 AM »
Thanks for all the reply's, I'm still awaiting my replacement from M&P who are dragging their feet somewhat!! I'll give an update when I eventually get it fitted. Like others have said the reason I went for the X system not the V system was because id heard they could effect the electronics on the 2016 onwards models. Incidentally, those of you who have had an X system did you find it easy to prime the line. This is where I realised mine was faulty as even though the blue lights were pulsating downwards as per the instructions (obviously meaning the power supply was ok) the oil hardly moved from the reservoir despite repeatedly pressing the prime button....

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #17 on: 08 January, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Luddfooter [+]
Thanks for all the reply's, I'm still awaiting my replacement from M&P who are dragging their feet somewhat!! I'll give an update when I eventually get it fitted. Like others have said the reason I went for the X system not the V system was because id heard they could effect the electronics on the 2016 onwards models. Incidentally, those of you who have had an X system did you find it easy to prime the line. This is where I realised mine was faulty as even though the blue lights were pulsating downwards as per the instructions (obviously meaning the power supply was ok) the oil hardly moved from the reservoir despite repeatedly pressing the prime button....
My (well-used) one was difficult to prime when I got it. It had to go back to Scottoiler for a new valve and spring in the reservoir. Fine now.

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Member
« Reply #18 on: 08 January, 2019, 11:14:41 PM »
When you stay well used Im a bit confused, I thought the X System only came out in November. Did it work at first or like mine was it faulty from new?

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #19 on: 09 January, 2019, 01:41:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Luddfooter [+]
When you stay well used Im a bit confused, I thought the X System only came out in November. Did it work at first or like mine was it faulty from new?
I mean it was on the bike (with 12k miles) when I bought it. But it hadn't been particularly well fitted (done in a rush by a dealer I reckon) and didn't work very well, let alone being difficult to prime. So the reservoir went back to Scottoiler for servicing (which they do very reasonably) and they said it had water in, as well as needing a new valve and spring). now works fine (this is the V system reservoir, remember).