Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Belgian Roads  (Read 817 times)

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Belgian Roads
« Reply #10 on: 11 December, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
The UK seems to put all the road tax into making motorways smarter i.e. putting up an overhead gantry with signs & speed cameras every half a mile so some tw*t in a central control box can change the speed limit on a whim & make everyone travel at 40mph for 2 miles, then back up to 60mph then down to 40mph again 2 miles further on :087:
oh and if you exceed the limit by 1mph you get a lovely fine in the post a few days later  :157:  :232:
they never seem to actually resurface the local roads as the local councils never have enough money from the government to actually do a decent job that lasts any more than a year before the potholes come back with a vengeance  :010:
sorry R3morf3r.. rant over   :182:
I reckon on Sunday afternoons those tw*ts have a weekly competition to see who can cause the biggest traffic jam  :232:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #11 on: 11 December, 2018, 07:36:51 PM »
I thought there wasn't any Vehicle road tax in Belgium?
But going back to the early 90's when a Belgian lass told me that after asking what that round thing was on my bike.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #12 on: 12 December, 2018, 01:05:02 AM »
All been said I think. Major roads in the UK aren't too bad, but local roads and town roads once you hit the city limits can be awful. Entering Oxford city from the London road used to be hair-raising until last year - for a stretch the road surface was so bad it could shake your hands off the bars! (has been fixed now though). And be very wary if you leave major roads at night - some villages can be so totally blacked out at night you'd think you're back in wartime. No road or street lighting, no road markings, cars parked on the edge of the road without lights - e.g. this is the village of Tetsworth in Oxfordshire, where you take your life in your hands on two wheels at night.

There is the equivalent of vehicle road tax in Belgium, at least on cars. But it's all done on the database - UK is the same now.