Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Belgian Roads  (Read 659 times)

Online MrMoon

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050SE
Belgian Roads
« on: 10 December, 2018, 01:49:46 PM »
Hi y'all,

Went for a ride yesterday and started playing with a video editor (openshot) afterwards. Enjoy the cobble stones  :110:

Have a beer  :031:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Belgian Roads
« Reply #1 on: 10 December, 2018, 02:04:16 PM »
Ya should've gone the pub instead.  :031:
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Bodger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport/Street R
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
« Reply #2 on: 10 December, 2018, 02:26:19 PM »
That vid cheered me up no end, the weather looks just as crappy where you are as it is here.

Online MrMoon

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 10 December, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
Maybe should've gone to the pub, but that's 1.5 km walk and now I've been riding about 200 km which helps me avoid drunks  :008:
And Bodger, just to improve your day a bit more: there was enough rain and some hail coming from the skies, vision was lousy occassionally, but I enjoyed be out and about.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #4 on: 10 December, 2018, 03:49:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by MrMoon [+]
Maybe should've gone to the pub, but that's 1.5 km walk and now I've been riding about 200 km which helps me avoid drunks  :008:
And Bodger, just to improve your day a bit more: there was enough rain and some hail coming from the skies, vision was lousy occassionally, but I enjoyed be out and about.

My local pub is similar, walk there get missus to collect. Aint seen a drunk in years, that'd cost approx. 50 nowadays to get drunk. Have a few down the pub then come home & top up on supermarket bottles.

Good on ya for getting out, I think of all the cleaning in that weather & the Tiger stays indoors. I have a lil Jap bike for the dirty salty roads.

Leonardo da Vinci

Online MrMoon

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: 10 December, 2018, 05:14:06 PM »
I'm afraid nobody is going to collect me from the pub which means I have to crawl back home. As for the bike, I only got this one so it just has to do it all. And no garage to store the bike either, so maybe I should clean it. But that's just a maybe. The rain gets most of the dirt of the bike at the moment  :015:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #6 on: 10 December, 2018, 07:14:41 PM »
Ah, don't you just love the Antwerp ring. Rather you than me - definitely weather for staying inside.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #7 on: 11 December, 2018, 08:33:02 AM »
Why are Belgian roads so bad? Amazing difference soon as we cross into Lux.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
  • Torque and Sonority enchanted individual
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2017
  • City / Town: Leuven (Brussels)
« Reply #8 on: 11 December, 2018, 11:31:58 AM »
That's pretty simple,

in stead of using the car and motorcycle taxes to fix the roads, Belgium uses most of it for social security.
On top of that, Belgium has so many different public services, that a stretch of a few miles/kilometers may belong to several different ones and a permit is needed from all of them. That takes ages and the road just keeps on deteriorating in the mean time ....
You gotta love the German simplicity in that respect, or the Swiss and Austrian solutions, where every penny paid for road taxes gets used to improve the infrastructure.
I don't know how the UK fares in that respect, to be quite honest.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #9 on: 11 December, 2018, 01:18:29 PM »
The UK seems to put all the road tax into making motorways smarter i.e. putting up an overhead gantry with signs & speed cameras every half a mile so some tw*t in a central control box can change the speed limit on a whim & make everyone travel at 40mph for 2 miles, then back up to 60mph then down to 40mph again 2 miles further on :087:
oh and if you exceed the limit by 1mph you get a lovely fine in the post a few days later  :157:  :232:
they never seem to actually resurface the local roads as the local councils never have enough money from the government to actually do a decent job that lasts any more than a year before the potholes come back with a vengeance  :010:
sorry R3morf3r.. rant over   :182:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.