Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dealer Tool to ID map  (Read 616 times)

Offline nwrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050SE
  • City / Town: SW Washington
Dealer Tool to ID map
« on: 30 November, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
Will the Dealer Tool identify a custom map?   I know you need a Tune ECU to change the map but I recently bought a 2011 Tiger 1050SE and have access to a Dealer Tool.   Also, regarding the Tune ECU - can it be run via a USB connection off of a PC?
 TIA.
John

Offline Aphex

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hesperia
Re: Dealer Tool to ID map
« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2018, 04:13:22 PM »
Yes you can connect your bike to a laptop running tuneecu via a USB odb2 cable as opposed to using a Bluetooth dongle and the mobile app.

I've also had luck using the mobile app and a USB OTG cable to connect to the bike to my phone.

One thing I like to do is overlay two maps and see the fueling difference which is why I prefer using a laptop.
2010 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
DealerTool will ID a Triumph map, but it just gives the number.    It doesnt go into any details beyond that.

For my purposes that was fine - I just wanted to check that I was indeed running the Arrow tune (I have an aftermarket exhaust), and bought DealerTool mostly for service indicator reset and throttle body balancing.   To be honest, I dont think DT will do what you need it to do.

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #3 on: 30 November, 2018, 11:43:51 PM »
Not that any of this is my business, but question: Surely you can do a service reset using buttons and switch combinations without Dealer Tool? That was something I thought was mandatory to prevent dealers holding anyone to ransom if they did their own servicing? North America would be in serious trouble if we could not use Havoline Express Lube, Jiffy Lube, Goodyear, etc. Even my KTM 1190 has a button combination for me to reset service, set the next date, etc. Just asking....

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2018, 01:26:40 AM »
Yes nwrider:401:

The PC version of Tune ECU, can connect via OBDII to USB cable.

Very good tool and allows you to live monitor and adjust/change just about anything  :152:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline nwrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050SE
  • City / Town: SW Washington
« Reply #5 on: 01 December, 2018, 04:22:01 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!!! :046:

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #6 on: 01 December, 2018, 11:57:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Aphex [+]
One thing I like to do is overlay two maps and see the fueling difference............

Not quite sure why you would need to 'overlay two maps' to do this when the "Compare File" function within TuneECU already does this and flags the differences.

*Originally Posted by ZuluTiger [+]
Surely you can do a service reset using buttons and switch combinations.......

If there's a way of using the cluster buttons to reset the service indicator 'spanner' nobody has found it (or if they have they have they haven't shared it) and the dealers certainly don't know a way other than by Using Triumph's own Diagnostic Tool. We have a choice of TuneBoy, Dealertool or the android (mobile) version of TuneECU. Some of the cheap OBDII plug ins being heavily promoted to car owners claim to allow resetting of the service indicator however I have yet to see evidence of that functionality.

« Last Edit: 02 December, 2018, 12:00:52 AM by TCC »

Offline Aphex

• Tiger Member
  • City / Town: Hesperia
« Reply #7 on: 03 December, 2018, 03:26:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by TCC [+]
Not quite sure why you would need to 'overlay two maps' to do this when the "Compare File" function within TuneECU already does this and flags the differences.

Aha, well I learned something new today!

:031:
2010 Tiger 1050 SE