Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: She got treated this weekend :-)  (Read 1748 times)

Offline jar_uk1

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Bracknell
She got treated this weekend :-)
« on: 26 November, 2018, 10:35:58 PM »
The bike that is...Miserable weather when I took her in for her 6000 mile service. The cost of the service wasn't bad, but it all added up. brake pads were needed, and I asked them to fit new boots (RP5's) as the OE fit had squared off. Being in a generous mood I had the dealer fit a Scottoiler X as well. I REALLY hate chain maintenance :-) They made up a small bracket and its a really neat install.

Now all I gotta do is fit the Puig screen i got to see if it cuts down the wind noise/buffeting. I had decided not to get one but caved in to temptation :-) Weirdly Puig do a smoked screen and a semi smoked screen but only the lighter variant of the upper wind deflector - go figure.

The new tyres have transformed the handling especially with the amount of roadworks around here, it just feels more planted on the road. I think I am petty lucky to have a good local dealer (Bulldog Triumph) who have always made me feel welcome and don't take the micky on prices.

I was going to try raising the seat but maybe adjustable pegs are next. I need to stretch my legs just a little bit more...

Oh yeah and my 10 year old daughter came pillion with me for the first time the week before. Even when it was raining she thought it was "Amazing - the best thing i have ever done!" I am so glad she doesn't conform to girly stereotypes. She wants to come on the local Toy run with me in a couple of weeks.

John R

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: She got treated this weekend :-)
« Reply #1 on: 26 November, 2018, 11:36:09 PM »
Nothing like the feel of your bike after a good service is there!  :002:  Always feels better somehow.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #2 on: 27 November, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
Ayup John, sounds like you had a good spend there.

I had dealer fit a Scottoiler X system on my T8 when I bought it. They fitted the monitor bracket that came with it, then velcro'd the moniter to that but using same side Velcro on both sides. First I knew of this bodge was when it fell off at 90 banked over on the 500 in Germany. I grabbed it to stop it scratting the tank as it was swinging about on its wiring. Not much fun one handed. I got home & made an ally bkt that put it in the correct position then secured it as it should be with 2 screws.

Don't forget to reset the monitor when you refill the Ressie, as I did. If the monitor thinks the Ressie is empty it stops pumping so's it don't burn out the pump. I really should read instructions beforehand, not the ikea way.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #3 on: 28 November, 2018, 01:15:49 AM »
 :047: :062:
Support the forum.   :031:

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #4 on: 28 November, 2018, 01:30:43 AM »
Nice work John.

If you don't mind me asking, how tall is your daughter and also; is she comfortable with the rear pegs and holding grab rail for support  :187:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline jar_uk1

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: 28 November, 2018, 07:59:28 AM »
Hiya

No problem Emma is 144cm  or 4ft 9ish? She would rather hold onto the grab rail when on the bike. She needed an Adult xs helmet. We found some frank Thomas trousers and an IXS jacket to fit!

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 TS Matt Black
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #6 on: 28 November, 2018, 08:11:31 AM »
Ahh, must have missed the post when you traded the 1050 for the Sport, I wondered about the leg room? At first I thought the same but have actually got used to it, Im 6ft with 33" inside.
2016 Tiger Sport, Power Commander, DNA, Wilbers Suspension, Healtech Q/S

Offline Woodie

• Tiger Pro
  • MBD (Multiple Bike Disorder) is a thing innit?
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 2008
  • City / Town: Upper Bucklebury
« Reply #7 on: 28 November, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by jar_uk1 [+]

Oh yeah and my 10 year old daughter came pillion with me for the first time the week before. Even when it was raining she thought it was "Amazing - the best thing i have ever done!" I am so glad she doesn't conform to girly stereotypes. She wants to come on the local Toy run with me in a couple of weeks.

John R

I'll see you there! Although I will be on the Sprint as it has pillion pegs and I'll have my nephew with me.

hopefully no Snow this year
I never touched it, you can't blame me, it went off when I was cleaning it.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #8 on: 28 November, 2018, 01:11:38 PM »
aha  :028: so it was you & your daughter i saw in the MCN last week.  :152:
nice to see someone from the forum in there  :062:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline jar_uk1

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: 28 November, 2018, 06:05:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Woodie [+]
I'll see you there! Although I will be on the Sprint as it has pillion pegs and I'll have my nephew with me.

hopefully no Snow this year

Looking forward to it . I think Emma will enjoy it. The snow last year was a PITA as I was pretty much all ready to go when it was called off.

John R