Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEC Show  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: NEC Show
« Reply #10 on: 24 November, 2018, 10:39:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Lots of people on the Triumph stand, and they insist the Sport is not being discontinued. I did try out several different bikes for ride position, and came away with the impression that the Triumphs (Sport and T800) were the most comfortable fit for me, while the bike that appears to offer the best wind protection, in terms of you sitting in it and having lots of screen/display/bars/guards up high in front, was the Multistrada 950, even more so than the Africa Twin.
I had a similar experience on the triumph stand, sat on the TS and Tiger 1200, loved the seating position, ergos and just about everything else  :152:
Got approached by one of the girls on the stand who was really trying to get me to buy a 1200  :007:
I asked about the new Sport but she was very tight lipped  :027:
also sat on the new 1200 Scrambler, really nice apart from the really cheap looking and feeling switches  :004: surprised for the price of them they didn't use the ones off the Sport or the TeX.
Like you Paullie I sat on the Africa twin and me at 6ft both feet were at least 2 inches of the ground - gawd knows how anyone under 6 ft 2 is able to reach the floor and ride it safely , seat weren't very comfy either  :110:
Got a Denali sound bomb which I fitted today - much louder and dealer tone than the OEM Sparrows fart  :008:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #11 on: 24 November, 2018, 11:07:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
I had a similar experience on the triumph stand, sat on the TS and Tiger 1200, loved the seating position, ergos and just about everything else  :152:
Got approached by one of the girls on the stand who was really trying to get me to buy a 1200  :007:
I asked about the new Sport but she was very tight lipped  :027:
also sat on the new 1200 Scrambler, really nice apart from the really cheap looking and feeling switches  :004: surprised for the price of them they didn't use the ones off the Sport or the TeX.
Like you Paullie I sat on the Africa twin and me at 6ft both feet were at least 2 inches of the ground - gawd knows how anyone under 6 ft 2 is able to reach the floor and ride it safely , seat weren't very comfy either  :110:
Got a Denali sound bomb which I fitted today - much louder and dealer tone than the OEM Sparrows fart  :008:
When I bought the TS the AT was (surprisingly) a really close contender. I really liked the bike and it was novel for me to stretch to reach the ground. Its a while now so don't remember all the details. I do remember the screen was too narrow and I had buffetting on my shoulders at motorway speeds. IIRC it was quite a bit lighter than the TS at the time although the current model seems to have put some weight on.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #12 on: 25 November, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »
Some of my likes from today:

No doubting its a cool bike

Quite liked this, but tubed wheels, really

Feels very comfy, and top VFM.

Again, pretty cool

Well, its a Norton

If the forums are to be believed, one of the most highly anticipated bikes on the Adventure scene, uh, nobody near it :006:  Was quite early on though.

Managed to last  4 hours, and then it was so busy could hardly move so made a quick getaway.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #13 on: 25 November, 2018, 06:42:34 PM »
Any that made you boys say "I've gotta have one".
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #14 on: 25 November, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »
Only the TigerSport or the Tiger 1200.
loved the new 1200 scrambler xe apart from the cheap switch gear.
As Tim says no one was looking at the new tenere 700. FUGLY IMHO 👎
Liked the new BMW GS1250A very comfy, ok don't shoot me 😂
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #15 on: 25 November, 2018, 09:38:47 PM »
Yeah, there was quite the buzz about the T7, but that was over two years ago when Yamaha put out the teasers. People got sick of waiting gave up and bought something else. Does not look as dirt worthy as the concept bike. I have read that KTM are developing an adventure version of the 790 Duke, interesting to see if that comes about.
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #16 on: 25 November, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »
That Kwaka 1200 would be a ride I'd buy if I was buying. I don't get the Scrambler thing, seems like a complete waste of money.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #17 on: 25 November, 2018, 10:27:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
Yeah, there was quite the buzz about the T7, but that was over two years ago when Yamaha put out the teasers. People got sick of waiting gave up and bought something else. Does not look as dirt worthy as the concept bike. I have read that KTM are developing an adventure version of the 790 Duke, interesting to see if that comes about.

the 790 adventure and R are now on the KTM website and orders being taken, stupidly tall tho!
actually looks pretty similar to the spy shots that were banded about and promo vids

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #18 on: 25 November, 2018, 10:38:03 PM »
The Versys has got quite a bit going for it, 17" Wheels, RBW Throttle, Up and Down Q/S, LED Headlamps and cornering lights. The negatives for me are Elec shocks, bland 4 cyl motor and for a big ol Girl 120BHP seems a bit low
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #19 on: 25 November, 2018, 10:50:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
the 790 adventure and R are now on the KTM website and orders being taken, stupidly tall tho!
actually looks pretty similar to the spy shots that were banded about and promo vids
With 95 hp out of that parallel twin, KTM are obviously reckoning there's no longer any need for the 1090.