Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEC Show  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
NEC Show
« on: 22 November, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »
Best bargain by the proverbial mile(ive Been twice)if you pre book(no payment needed) Arai will do a complete refit for 80 had mine done yesterday absolutely fabulous.

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 BlackTiger Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
Re: NEC Show
« Reply #1 on: 22 November, 2018, 09:10:01 AM »
I went Sunday and got custom earplugs sorted for 45 :001: 
Too old to die young!

Offline Dusty ST

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Brighton, Sussex
« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Fossil [+]
I went Sunday and got custom earplugs sorted for 45 :001:

The shows are the best place to get these as they take your ear impression while you wait.
I'm quite pleased with mine except when using them with helmet coms, for me they need a bit more clearance, I find the speakers in my helmet touch the plugs and are quite uncomfortable, so I've ordered another set of plugs with built in speakers, which is easy as they keep your ear impressions for two years (I think).
17 Tiger Sport 1050
08 Sprint 1050ST
01 GSX1400 K2

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2018, 11:56:15 AM »
Going on Sunday. See if maybe Shoei do similar?
Custom ear plugs?  For me the biggest waste of 80 ever. I've gone back to Rhubarb & Custards
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: 22 November, 2018, 01:51:28 PM »
Me too,the set I had made work really well when its noisy but just didnt work on the bike.

Offline Woodie

• Tiger Pro
  • MBD (Multiple Bike Disorder) is a thing innit?
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 2008
  • City / Town: Upper Bucklebury
« Reply #5 on: 22 November, 2018, 03:52:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Going on Sunday. See if maybe Shoei do similar?
Custom ear plugs?  For me the biggest waste of 80 ever. I've gone back to Rhubarb & Custards

I prefer Black Jacks.

Me and 'Er are going Friday. Got all day and stopping with the rellies in Hinckley so might take in a few more of the sideshows. don't normally have the time as we have to get back before the weather/light turns.
« Last Edit: 22 November, 2018, 03:54:58 PM by Woodie »
I never touched it, you can't blame me, it went off when I was cleaning it.

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 BlackTiger Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #6 on: 22 November, 2018, 04:02:02 PM »
Well, apparently Ive got narrow ear canals and thats why I cant get other earplugs in properly and they fall out so custom may be the solution for me!
Too old to die young!

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #7 on: 22 November, 2018, 04:37:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fossil [+]
Well, apparently Ive got narrow ear canals and thats why I cant get other earplugs in properly and they fall out so custom may be the solution for me!

Thats the problem I have mate, and the custom ones do go in easily, but for me I get ear ache with them after about an hour, they also sit a bit too proud and constantly catch the helmet lining when Im putting on or taking off

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #8 on: 22 November, 2018, 10:22:51 PM »
Well finally made it to the show today. And must have been subconsciously affected by reading this, because I've ended up buying a pair of these custom earplugs. From Ultimate hearing, so weren't cheap.

But even during the ear mould process, I thought that they might be a bit too effective for me - an additional 6 dB noise reduction over basic plug-ins with filters. So i went for one with a drilled out noise canal with a filter, which will let slightly more through. If they still don't work, I can get the filter changed to let even more noise through! So we'll see how they go - will be in Spring now.

Rest of the show was interesting. I found out why there are such massive discounts on the KTM 1090 - they're being discontinued, in favour of the incoming KTM 790. Still, buy one now and get a new bike for 9K!

Lots of people on the Triumph stand, and they insist the Sport is not being discontinued. I did try out several different bikes for ride position, and came away with the impression that the Triumphs (Sport and T800) were the most comfortable fit for me, while the bike that appears to offer the best wind protection, in terms of you sitting in it and having lots of screen/display/bars/guards up high in front, was the Multistrada 950, even more so than the Africa Twin.

The surprise bike for me was the Honda X-ADV, an NC-750 engine in a maxi-scoot frame. It looked quite good and seemed comfy I thought, though the height of the step-through meant it wouldn't do for anyone physically challenged. But still, as a fast shopping tool I thought it could do quite well.   :015:  You could even tour on it - though 9k cost may prove a handicap.
« Last Edit: 22 November, 2018, 10:26:32 PM by Paullie »

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #9 on: 24 November, 2018, 07:44:07 PM »
Alarm set for 6.30, leaving 7.30 tomorrow so hopefully at front of queue when it opens, Shopping list in hand,  and just like when we do the food shopping some extra items are bound to find there way in :001: