Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bulb Review  (Read 1721 times)

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Bulb Review
« on: 16 November, 2018, 07:06:40 AM »
In Jan 2019 "Ride" mag, they have tested a load of headlight bulbs, now they actually tested H4 (Twin filament) bulbs, but still interesting. They also tested 1 cheap LED bulb, and its the first time the magazine has awarded a zero score, it was abysmal apparently, but then at 5 you get what you pay for. Also of note was the most expensive bulbs, PIAA at 33 each, came well down the list. Winners were Osram Nightracer and X-racer, and Philips Extreme +130. So for those not wanting to go LED route.....................
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Tampere
Re: Bulb Review
« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2018, 09:05:11 AM »
Thanks Timbox! Ill keep this in my mind when Im updating my wifes Speedmasters headlight H4 bulb.
(Chopper will continue with a French style do-not-drive-over-me yellow H4 headlight bulb.  :177: )

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #2 on: 16 November, 2018, 09:40:19 AM »
Before switching to LEDs I had Philips Extreme +130s. Think they had the best ratings at the time, can confirm they were  much better than stock.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »
I use Osram Nightbreakers (pretty well the same as Nightracers) for my dipped beams, and I think they're good too.

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #4 on: 16 November, 2018, 03:04:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
I use Osram Nightbreakers (pretty well the same as Nightracers) for my dipped beams, and I think they're good too.

Yeah, supposedly the Nightracers and XRacers are bike specific (Anti vibration filaments), but do we believe that?  :015:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #5 on: 16 November, 2018, 07:48:46 PM »
The cheap $5 LED bulbs are good for the side lights only. There's a lot of R & D that does into the headlight technology and it is a very competitive field.

It's always a pleasant surprise when you read that something reasonably priced scores right up there  :169:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8