Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trickle charger  (Read 391 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Trickle charger
« Reply #10 on: 07 November, 2018, 01:13:12 PM »
Seems some can be a bit hit & miss.

I bought an Accumate 'cos it does 6v & 12v, I had two 6v bikes then, now just the one. I bought it in 1997, still going strong & keeping all 3 batteries topped up on a rotational system over winter.

https://www.mandp.co.uk/accumate-6-12v-battery-charger.html
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #11 on: 07 November, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by 07_1050_ABS [+]
Well, I only have my own personal hands on experience of 2 1/2 years to go by, sorry.

Did you by chance try switching the review filtering to "most recent" from it's default setting? Also note that 72% of buyers rate it 5 stars, and 10% 4 stars.
Sorry if I jumped down your throat a bit  :034:  But I did go back and switch to recent reviews, and they are equally damning! Of course reviews on Amazon are not 100% reliable, but generally I've paid attention to the bad ones, and had that caution confirmed (because even posting stuff back is more hassle). So generally I wouldn't buy a product with that many bad reviews - the odds of adding to them are just too great.

I've had both an Oxford Optimate and a quite an old CTEK charger, as well as the brute full charger that I never use. The Optimate is OK, but I've had the CTEK extend the life of batteries that the Optimate pronounced finished.
« Last Edit: 07 November, 2018, 01:59:30 PM by Paullie »

Offline millsy1

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #12 on: 08 November, 2018, 02:11:33 AM »
I use Battery Tender and have one that is 12 years old and 3 others that are between 3 and 9 years old, never had an issue.

Online 07_1050_ABS

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: '07 Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: NorCal
« Reply #13 on: 08 November, 2018, 03:18:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Sorry if I jumped down your throat a bit  :034:  But I did go back and switch to recent reviews, and they are equally damning! Of course reviews on Amazon are not 100% reliable, but generally I've paid attention to the bad ones, and had that caution confirmed (because even posting stuff back is more hassle). So generally I wouldn't buy a product with that many bad reviews - the odds of adding to them are just too great.

I've had both an Oxford Optimate and a quite an old CTEK charger, as well as the brute full charger that I never use. The Optimate is OK, but I've had the CTEK extend the life of batteries that the Optimate pronounced finished.

No worries brother, I appreciate your input  :031: