Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 07 TT 1050 Factory Exhaust options  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Hanta Yo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: New Westminster, BC
Re: 07 TT 1050 Factory Exhaust options
« Reply #30 on: 04 December, 2018, 06:40:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by pcarnut [+]
Scorpion pipe arrived today and is now fitted.   :001:

Absolutely no issue with clearing the factory bags.  There's so much room I think a standard bag might even fit there now.  Overall fit is good, however the clamp that goes around the can itself mounted too close to the body work and rubbed.  I've trimmed it a little and it just clears now.  The supplied frame bracket that the clamp mounts to needs to be about 10mm longer to allow the can to set a smidgeon lower.

Did the adaption cycle and then took it for a short run.  The sounds is excellent, a nice rasp, and better than the Arrow I had tried.  Power and response seem slightly smoother, didn't feel soft on the bottom like the Arrow, but time will tell after the ECU settles in.  Next step is to probably de-cat it.  Thus far though extremely pleased with it.   :046:
\

Very glad it seems to have worked out for you.  Thanks for the 'blow by  blow' details re  the slight but necessary modifications... they will be really useful in the future.

Offline pcarnut

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
Re: 07 TT 1050 Factory Exhaust options
« Reply #31 on: 04 December, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hanta Yo [+]
Very glad it seems to have worked out for you.  Thanks for the 'blow by  blow' details re  the slight but necessary modifications... they will be really useful in the future.
   :028:
2018 Explorer
2011 1050 SE
1984 R100S Last Edition