Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Success at last  (Read 809 times)

Offline AussieBen

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 se abs
  • City / Town: Tamworth
Success at last
« on: 28 October, 2018, 12:21:50 PM »
A big thank you to YellowDog and Indy for your help and patience with my relentless questions.

As I am a pretty stubborn bloke and don't like paying someone else to do what I should be able to do, I have finally managed to install Indy"s tune which not only has made my 1050 the beast it should be but has also eliminated an annoying shut down habit my bike had developed. (so far) I did have to turn off the SAI as mine does not have it, which caused the engine light to stay on and a fair bit of head scratching. I also reduced the temperature at which the thermo fans came on to 98 degrees C as we are coming in to 40+ degree weather.

having a couple of days off also gave me the opportunity to hack off the number plate holder and make it a little bit nicer..

Thanks again everyone for your help.
Cheers
Ben

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Success at last
« Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
Well done on getting it running better  :028:
Like the tail tidy, have you got any pictures of how you did it?
The indicators don't look standard  :187: what ones are they?
Cheers.
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline AussieBen

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 se abs
  • City / Town: Tamworth
« Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2018, 09:45:18 PM »
Here are some more pics. It was surprisingly easy to do, just a little bit fiddly. The indicators are a universal type I found at my local bike shop for $15 and the number plate lights I found on ebay for $6 for four of, they are an led type with a bolt and nut in the body and actually hold the number plate on.

All I did was remove the grab bar, cowling and tail light cover, blinkers and old number plate light. And the reflector, where that sits I cut a vertical line through the upper and lower section of the old tail. Sand paper got all the burs off and you are left with a hole that leads under the seat. I then fashioned two right angle brackets that screwed onto the lower section of the tail which the new number plate leds screw onto also holding the plate on.
there are two recesses beside the reflector which I drilled holes into to take the new shorter blinkers. I also cut a piece of memory foam to make a type of bung that plugs the hole leading under the seat to stop any water finding its way in. wire up the new blinkers and number plate lights.
I then had another beer while I reassembled the bike

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #3 on: 28 October, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »
  :152: that looks good and appears to be fairly easy from your description and photos. Thanks Aussie Ben
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #4 on: 29 October, 2018, 09:57:03 PM »
Even the most easygoing roadworthy check guys expect a number plate light so you might have trouble come rego time.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #5 on: 29 October, 2018, 10:29:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by TCC [+]
Even the most easygoing roadworthy check guys expect a number plate light so you might have trouble come rego time.
Ummm TCC take a look at the first photo ... AussieBen has 2 LEDs lighting his number plate  :138:

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #6 on: 29 October, 2018, 11:14:21 PM »
Ah, okay, didn't see them. They always seem to make a particular point of checking the plate light whenever I get a pinkie (Australian colloq, for the annual roadworthy/safety inspection in NSW). 
« Last Edit: 30 October, 2018, 12:02:24 AM by TCC »

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #7 on: 30 October, 2018, 08:53:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by TCC [+]
Ah, okay, didn't see them. They always seem to make a particular point of checking the plate light whenever I get a pinkie (Australian colloq, for the annual roadworthy/safety inspection in NSW).
At least you have them. They still don't have anything at all in France ....

Offline Buzzard

• Tiger Master
  • The older I get the faster I was!
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger 1050SE
  • City / Town: Sydney West
« Reply #8 on: 28 November, 2018, 06:54:46 AM »
Good job Ben. Looks much better than standard. Cheers from an old Tenterfield boy :031:
Graphite Stealth version, Madstad 18" screen, GiPro gear indicator, Komy 3000 LED spotties, Delkevic 350mm noise maker, TOR Tune.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #9 on: 28 November, 2018, 10:12:44 AM »
Nice work Ben. Glad you worked it out. Plate looks great too  :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8