Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: List price of a brand new Triumph Tiger Sport in your country?  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: List price of a brand new Triumph Tiger Sport in your country?
« Reply #20 on: 29 October, 2018, 08:40:15 AM »
The Tiger1050 didn't sell well in the US the boys have said, they sat around showrooms until heavily discounted, understandable Triumph not sending the sport there. Sent them what sells.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
  • Torque and Sonority enchanted individual
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2017
  • City / Town: Leuven (Brussels)
Re: List price of a brand new Triumph Tiger Sport in Belgium
« Reply #21 on: 29 October, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »
Hi,

In Belgium, we don't do too badly for motorcycles, in any case a lot better than for cars.
A Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 will cost you 11K+ euro to register + about 3K euro of annual road tax. That's more than a quarter of the total cost of the vehichle itself :192: :191: :084:.

For the Tiger Sport:

Base price: 14.300 euro including 21 % VAT

Registering cost: 495 €

As low as zero euro registering cost is possible, with smaller engines/lower HP/electrical engine. It goes up to 4.957 euro for high HP bikes.

Annual road tax: 58,08 euro

If you register a motorcycle as a company vehicle, it is 100 % tax deductible, so a very popular means of transportation for consultants :300:.

RM

« Last Edit: 29 October, 2018, 09:52:10 AM by R3morf3R »

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: List price of a brand new Triumph Tiger Sport in Belgium
« Reply #22 on: 29 October, 2018, 11:57:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by R3morf3R [+]
If you register a motorcycle as a company vehicle, it is 100 % tax deductible, so a very popular means of transportation for consultants :300:.
That probably explains the number of brand-new expensive-looking bikes I see around Brussels!  :015:

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: 29 October, 2018, 12:11:41 PM »
Indeed Paullie,

more than half of the GS1200's driving around are traffic and tax evasion vehicles  :001:.

How are you and the TS doing? (PM me if that suits you better).

All the best,

RM

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #24 on: 29 October, 2018, 12:25:35 PM »
Afraid I've been advised that cracked ribs are going to take longer to heal than I thought! Still, it's a good time to take the TS off the road and start doing the annual service, as well as repairs.

I'm also looking at upgrading all my armour to CE2 rather than CE1, and fitting it where it wasn't before ....  Even if it is a bit like bolting the gate after the horse has bolted.  :087:  I'm seeing good reports about D30 armour - and see that Triumph specify it in their clothing. I don't think I'd touch any armour now that doesn't have the CE stamp on it.

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: 29 October, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »
Hi Paullie,

the D3O armour in jackets and pants is rarely CE level 2, except for the back protector (Viper pro).
Shoulder, elbow and knee are almost always level 1.
D3O do make a CE Level 2 version of those protectors, but they are expensive, pretty thick and very visible in the jackets.
They also perform a little less in very high temps, but that is pretty negligible in Belgium and/or the UK.

You can find Level 2 CE protectors in a lot of Revit jackets and pants, e.g. the Dominator Goretex range or the more affordable Horizon 2 range.
For summer use, you can also find Level 2 protection in their Cayenne pro range, of which I own both the jacket and the pants. The mesh used for the ventilation is made out of metal and very sturdy.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #26 on: 29 October, 2018, 01:06:33 PM »
Well, I've found the Icon D30 EVO Pro X Replacement Shoulder Armour can be bought for about 30 for example, probably worth it. I've already replaced the back protector, which I found was an unmarked piece of hard foam, with a Knox one that I bought for a spare jacket that I hardly use! These are the two areas that are most likely to take all your body weight in an impact (i.e. without sliding), IMHO. 

I've also noticed my Halvarssons trousers have much bigger armour than anything else I own! 

Offline R3morf3R

• Tiger Master
« Reply #27 on: 29 October, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »
Indeed Paullie,

that's probably the cheapest and safest solution for a jacket you already own  :031:.
Let's hope you don't get to test how well they work again.

Offline biscuits

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2010 1050 tiger
  • City / Town: west flamborough
« Reply #28 on: 26 December, 2018, 10:05:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
The Tiger1050 didn't sell well in the US the boys have said, they sat around showrooms until heavily discounted, understandable Triumph not sending the sport there. Sent them what sells.
The 1050 tiger  did not sell well in north america but i think it was ahead of it's time as the sport adventure market was slow to catch on here.
I,ve been looking for a replacement for my 2010 tiger for the last couple months but nothing really checks all the right boxes . The 2019 1000 versys lt se might do it but it' seems a bit dull .    At the other end of the spectrum is a 2019 ktm 1290 super duke gt .  I,m no novice rider with 40 years under my belt but at 175 hp i wouldn't want to run out of talent on that thing . So if the boys a  Hinckley would be so kind as to send the Tiger sport  to Canada i'll spread the word and see if we can't get their sales numbers a bit better .  Oh by the way i've ridden a 2018 1200 tiger xca and it's not the answer

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #29 on: 26 December, 2018, 11:12:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by biscuits [+]
The 1050 tiger  did not sell well in north america but i think it was ahead of it's time as the sport adventure market was slow to catch on here.
I,ve been looking for a replacement for my 2010 tiger for the last couple months but nothing really checks all the right boxes . The 2019 1000 versys lt se might do it but it' seems a bit dull .    At the other end of the spectrum is a 2019 ktm 1290 super duke gt .  I,m no novice rider with 40 years under my belt but at 175 hp i wouldn't want to run out of talent on that thing . So if the boys a  Hinckley would be so kind as to send the Tiger sport  to Canada i'll spread the word and see if we can't get their sales numbers a bit better .  Oh by the way i've ridden a 2018 1200 tiger xca and it's not the answer

You already have the answer.

Advertise your 2010 Tiger for sale in Mexico, with free delivery.

Buy the Tiger Sport in Mexico and then exchange number plates and VIN.

It's a WIN-WIN  :152:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8