Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Updating originals  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Tampere
Re: Updating originals
« Reply #10 on: 30 October, 2018, 01:06:06 PM »
I have good results with Cyclops h7 leds in my sport. Pretty much plug and play and I managed to fit the ballasts into the headlight housing.

Just making sure... Seangee: you managed to put whole package (led, wires, connectors etc.) in here and close the original cap?

Online seangee

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #11 on: 30 October, 2018, 03:46:09 PM »
Yes I did. Did I mention it was fiddly? :001:
Can't remember the exact details but the ballasts are inside the housing underneath the reflector.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: 30 October, 2018, 04:57:36 PM »
Thanks - you did  :002:
And thats the place where Im gonna try to fit them first.

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: 19 November, 2018, 07:31:54 PM »
Got the package with two Cyclopts today. Unfortunately the other one was an old model, but seller will send me new one. Quick testing... on the left theres original H7 and on the right new version of Cycleopts. Wondering how to get all that Co. stuff inside the reflector...

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: 27 November, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »
Ok - now they are there. White light - yes, please!

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #15 on: 28 November, 2018, 12:18:40 AM »
Is the road pattern good? The proof is in the riding, at night... You also have a LOT of heat now packed into the housing. Keep an eye on that and let us know if anything gets hurt. Are you leaving the H11's as halogen?
« Last Edit: 28 November, 2018, 12:23:42 AM by ZuluTiger »
When folks ask me how I am, I reply "I'm here". Seems odd until you consider the alternative...

Online seangee

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #16 on: 28 November, 2018, 12:26:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by ZuluTiger [+]
Is the road pattern good? The proof is in the riding, at night... You also have a LOT of heat now packed into the housing. Keep an eye on that and let us know if anything gets hurt. Are you leaving the H11's as halogen?
Mine are heading into their third winter. The pattern is *not legal* in that it won't pass a UK MOT - but I can see where I am going and I don't upset other users with them.  Very happy with the results. I have left the H11s as halogen but find I hardly ever use them except for flashing.
« Last Edit: 28 November, 2018, 12:30:13 AM by seangee »
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: 28 November, 2018, 05:24:09 AM »
Im gonna update the H11s - not leds, but bulbs offering more white type of light. Difference is so big. H11s of these products are first to test... https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,39793.0.html 

Road pattern was quite good. I moved bike near open garage door and stared the dark - and then fired it up! Looks impressive! Temperature here in Tampere, Finland, is 5-10 below zero here now. Riding season seems to be over now. Another reason for these (with night time riding) is the visibility on the road on daytime. Leds have a lot to give with that and thats a good point among these Finnish I-didnt-saw-that-motorcycle car drivers.

« Last Edit: 28 November, 2018, 05:28:10 AM by Konepyrmies »

Online Timbox

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 TS Matt Black
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #18 on: 28 November, 2018, 05:25:33 AM »
Looks good, for me and the amount of riding I do in the dark Im sticking with Halogen, just ordered some Philips Race Vision +150's
2016 Tiger Sport, Power Commander, DNA, Wilbers Suspension, Healtech Q/S

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #19 on: 28 November, 2018, 11:30:38 AM »
Sounds like a real winner for you night owls. I'm not sure I've ridden more than 20 miles in the dark while owning my Tiger. I originally did the H4 conversion just to balance the face of the bike after a few folks tried telling me I had a bulb out! Later, craving an actual remedy and needing a project, I did the Sport upgrade. Night testing showed a big improvement but I still choose a cage for nocturnal trips now that I'm honing my survival skills ...   :142: 
When folks ask me how I am, I reply "I'm here". Seems odd until you consider the alternative...