Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Updating originals  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Tampere
Updating originals
« on: 26 October, 2018, 11:24:24 AM »
I would like to update the original headlights (H7 & H11) and indicators to get more light and visibility. Not so interested of extra-mounted head- or foglights etc. Does someone have good experiences of replacing the original H7s and/or H11s?

I am looking for suitable led bulbs to my indicators ~ i.e. more brighter than originals. Found this one from a Finnish webshop. Is the original bulb BA15? I checked Owners Handbook but theres no type of the bulb (only 12 Volt, 10 Watt, Amber).

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Updating originals
« Reply #1 on: 26 October, 2018, 12:26:02 PM »
I have good results with Cyclops h7 leds in my sport. Pretty much plug and play and I managed to fit the ballasts into the headlight housing.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #2 on: 26 October, 2018, 01:39:40 PM »
I've looked at LEDs in the past but the cooling assembly on the back always looks so bulky that I can't really see how you can get your fingers past to clip the light onto the reflector, and then put the back of the headlight housing on again.    Sean - presumably you managed that just fine with the Cyclops (which do look a little smaller than many)?   Is the beam pattern and spread acceptable in the Sport light unit?

I do a lot of dark riding and the Sport lights are very good by bike standards, but you can always do better.  But I certainly don't want to dazzle oncoming drivers and tempt them into responding in kind with a long blast of high beam.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #3 on: 26 October, 2018, 02:39:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
I've looked at LEDs in the past but the cooling assembly on the back always looks so bulky that I can't really see how you can get your fingers past to clip the light onto the reflector, and then put the back of the headlight housing on again.    Sean - presumably you managed that just fine with the Cyclops (which do look a little smaller than many)?   Is the beam pattern and spread acceptable in the Sport light unit?

I do a lot of dark riding and the Sport lights are very good by bike standards, but you can always do better.  But I certainly don't want to dazzle oncoming drivers and tempt them into responding in kind with a long blast of high beam.
It was a bit fiddly but mostly because my hands were freezing as I did it in winter.  No cutting was needed and the original rear caps went back on. Never been flashed and light is way better than stock. I had a dealer check the aim which was fine using the line on a wall method. He did say that it was technically an MOT fail because of the cut off (or lack thereof).

TBH the light given off by my led aux lights is almost as good. If I had to do it again (or fail my MOT) I may just stick with those. But then again I am no longer commuting to Northampton which is why I fitted them in the first place.

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 26 October, 2018, 06:41:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
I have good results with Cyclops h7 leds in my sport.
You have original H11 halogens left? Updating them to Cyclops H11?

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #5 on: 26 October, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Konepyrmies [+]
You have original H11 halogens left? Updating them to Cyclops H11?
Nah just leaving them. I am close enough to London that there isn't much opportunity for high beams, and I just never use them any more as the low beams light up the road further than the H11s anyway.

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: 26 October, 2018, 08:28:54 PM »
Houston, we have touchdown!
I didnt find a dealer whos selling Cyclops in Finland and from eBay UK I found this...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYCLOPS-H7-LED-BULB-CONVERSION-WITH-COOLING-FAN-SUPERB/132669667081?epid=26005000955&hash=item1ee3ba7709:g:FpgAAOSwgMNbKLP1

Any other dealers in UK selling these? Price about the same? And webshop, of course.

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #7 on: 26 October, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Konepyrmies [+]
Houston, we have touchdown!

Any other dealers in UK selling these? Price about the same? And webshop, of course.

Ive been buying stuff from this place for years, Mike the owner is a top bloke, he ships stuff all over the world, if you say that "Cockney Tim" put you on to him you may get a bit of discount:

https://www.sportouring.co.uk/product-category/electronics-gadgets/lighting-power-solutions/cyclops_led/
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #8 on: 26 October, 2018, 09:09:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Ive been buying stuff from this place for years, Mike the owner is a top bloke, he ships stuff all over the world, if you say that "Cockney Tim" put you on to him you may get a bit of discount:

https://www.sportouring.co.uk/product-category/electronics-gadgets/lighting-power-solutions/cyclops_led/
That's where I got mine.

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: 27 October, 2018, 08:52:46 AM »
Thank you, gentlemen!  :028: