Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger Sport 13-15 parts wanted - SOLVED  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Tiger Sport 13-15 parts wanted
« Reply #10 on: 17 October, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Paullie did you find a gear lever? I have tracked mine down.
Thanks for the offer Sean, but Tigermike very kindly dropped his off tonight, which will get me going, and I have another one on order from a breakers which I can make like new. So looks like I'm covered thanks.

Also found out that total bill will not be as bad as feared (still substantial though), as a lot of stuff is minor scuffs that I can touch up.

Just kicking myself that I didn't go for the dresser bars when they were on offer ......  :157:

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #11 on: 17 October, 2018, 11:22:20 PM »
If you need plastics repaired / painted try this guy http://www.motorcycle-republic.com/

Haven't seen him for a good few years but he is a bike nut and great mechanic who does also does plastic welding and painting. Does a good job and is very reasonable.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #12 on: 18 October, 2018, 11:50:28 AM »
Thanks for the info. Although on that main panel I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Any marks there are obvious enough to niggle me all the time!

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #13 on: 19 October, 2018, 08:54:02 PM »
Thanks are due to Tigerbike for supplying the gearlever and indicators I needed to get back on the road. Really appreciated!  :031:

I bit the bullet and shelled out for a new side panel and alternator cover, the worst damaged items. For the rest, a bit of polishing and a bit of touchup will do. And managed to do it all within my insurance excess (even if I have to contribute some labour over the winter.)

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #14 on: 19 October, 2018, 09:06:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Thanks are due to Tigerbike for supplying the gearlever and indicators I needed to get back on the road. Really appreciated!  :031:

I bit the bullet and shelled out for a new side panel and alternator cover, the worst damaged items. For the rest, a bit of polishing and a bit of touchup will do. And managed to do it all within my insurance excess (even if I have to contribute some labour over the winter.)
:028: Nice one. Glad to see you back on the horse. Please tell me you didn't trouble the insurance. I know (from bitter experience) what that would do to your premiums for the next 3-5 years. Cos they all linked up now it will even affect your car insurance.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
Re: Tiger Sport 13-15 parts wanted - SOLVED
« Reply #15 on: 19 October, 2018, 09:26:13 PM »
Ahem, sorry Tigermike, I meant Tigermike of course ....  :087:

Yep, back on board, though going pretty slowly to begin with. Bike steers nice and straight, and front suspension now really good. I might even have to go back on the Nitron list, though seems little interest so far.

Sorted the damage within my excess, and no-one else involved, so I didn't need to involve the company. Just have to polish up my polishing skills ....

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #16 on: 19 October, 2018, 11:12:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Ahem, sorry Tigermike, I meant Tigermike of course ....  :087:

Yep, back on board, though going pretty slowly to begin with. Bike steers nice and straight, and front suspension now really good. I might even have to go back on the Nitron list, though seems little interest so far.

Sorted the damage within my excess, and no-one else involved, so I didn't need to involve the company. Just have to polish up my polishing skills ....

:008: no worries, if I can help out and save you a few quid with parts in my garage I will.
Was nice to meet you yesterday and have a it of a Chinwag.
Sounds great on the repairs, what sort of money did they charge you for changing the fork oil, I see from your other post they filled with 10 grade, is that the recommended weight?
« Last Edit: 19 October, 2018, 11:16:27 PM by Tigermike »
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #17 on: 20 October, 2018, 10:50:35 AM »
Yep, 10 weight was recommended by dealer, tho he said not all 10 weighs r the same.

300 for everything, fork oil change and head bearings regrease and adjust, though that included the bike rescue from Reading.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #18 on: 22 October, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
thanks Paullie, i am pretty sure mine needs at least the fork oil changing as I can feel every little bump & ripple in the road through the handlebars even though i have adjusted the suspension to be as soft as possible without it being floaty (if you know what i mean  :084: )
wondering if fitting some Wilbers progressive springs might help also, i see they are a good price (100) ?
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #19 on: 22 October, 2018, 02:18:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
thanks Paullie, i am pretty sure mine needs at least the fork oil changing as I can feel every little bump & ripple in the road through the handlebars even though i have adjusted the suspension to be as soft as possible without it being floaty (if you know what i mean  :084: )
wondering if fitting some Wilbers progressive springs might help also, i see they are a good price (100) ?
My Wilbers are scheduled to come out on 9/11 (UK style and subject to linear springs arriving on time). I'll have no further use for them after that  :001: