Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Starting Tiger 1050 with Headlight off  (Read 2919 times)

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Suwanee
Re: Starting Tiger 1050 with Headlight off
« Reply #20 on: 30 October, 2020, 12:07:02 AM »
It's not just a matter of swapping out a handlebar switch. It involves relays, unless you are willing to route high current through this switch which is a bad idea. The old 1050 has enough issues with poor lights, no need to add another volt-drop path. Like one of the posters above, I wanted to be able to switch off my lights while doing TuneECU stuff and also wanted a balanced headlight (two low, two high). It ended up being a project. I started with adding H4's to make it work but the light pattern was still useless. A Sport headlight, some creative wiring and relays is the only way to go. Not for everyone but if done right it's a game changer. I have a fully switched park/low/high beam setup that I challenge Hinckley to improve. I added a handlebar switch and three relays all hidden in the steering stem bracket, admittedly, but that gave me a button for a garage door opener. Maybe I'm just a talented fool since I had most of the hardware in a drawer and all of the tools. And time. It really soaked up some hours.     

Offline llama

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: '08 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: NC
« Reply #21 on: 02 November, 2020, 07:33:39 PM »
Where did the switch pod come from?  Is it off the Tiger Sport or maybe from some non-US version of the Tiger 1050 where they're allowed to turn off their headlight? Do any of the connectors match up to the Tiger 1050, or does everything need to be rewired? 

Offline hangman

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 2007
« Reply #22 on: 04 November, 2020, 08:17:14 AM »
You can also wire the headlights to the oil pressure switch with a relay.
« Last Edit: 04 November, 2020, 08:19:54 AM by hangman »