Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Adjustable footpegs  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Adjustable footpegs
« Reply #30 on: 30 October, 2018, 07:20:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Looks like you'd have to thead the U bracket up onto the rod rather than just turning the rod into the bracket. Luckily you only have to set in once.

Yes, undo the top locknut & wind it up, release the clip, remove the pin, then you have access to the U bkt & bottom nut, wind the bottom nut up, trial fit & adjust as req'd, then re-assemble.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline seangee

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #31 on: 07 November, 2018, 08:50:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Yes, undo the top locknut & wind it up, release the clip, remove the pin, then you have access to the U bkt & bottom nut, wind the bottom nut up, trial fit & adjust as req'd, then re-assemble.
Luvverly now. SWMBO is out tonight so I've just been out to lop a bit more off the link rod. Have moved the pegs around to 7 o'clock so peg is slightly higher and foot further back. Gap between top and bottom lock nuts is now 0mm, so good job its comfy or I'd be rummaging in the spare nuts and bolts bucket for thinner locknuts  :028:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline hatchm

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Kingsbridge
« Reply #32 on: 08 November, 2018, 01:38:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Luvverly now. SWMBO is out tonight so I've just been out to lop a bit more off the link rod. Have moved the pegs around to 7 o'clock so peg is slightly higher and foot further back. Gap between top and bottom lock nuts is now 0mm, so good job its comfy or I'd be rummaging in the spare nuts and bolts bucket for thinner locknuts  :028:

Yeah, this was how I wanted mine to make me sit back a bit more on the seat, but not having massive feet I kept missing the gear and brake levers. I guess I could get an adjustable gear lever, but I haven't found an adjustable brake lever so for now I put them at 6 o'clock.

Offline Rvfbill

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 2017
  • City / Town: Washington uk
« Reply #33 on: 09 November, 2018, 01:03:37 PM »
H ALL, 2017 Sport.
Love my MFWs, went for 50mm adjustable drop 1st but found them to be too low in the corners. Std gear linkage took a bit of adjusting to suit me but fine now.  Brake side I had to remove about 6mm of thread off the end of the threaded rod to get the pedal height right for me.
With peg drop being adjustable I raised mine back up to 30mm.
My knees are fine but have a dodgy rh hip from an old mc off "way back in '82 when I was a lad" lol and find I'm all day comfortable, even me bum.
BTW my rh wrist was getting a bit sore so I rotated the bars forward so the Triumph logo is right next to the handle bar clamp. ALL sweet.