Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Please help..  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
Re: Please help..
« Reply #10 on: 13 October, 2018, 02:30:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by AussieBen [+]
No I haven't yet, just getting my ducks in a row. I'm on call at the moment so I want to have time to familiarize myself with the program and steps and not be interupted half way through. The previous owner seems to have done things properly so I would imagine he had the bike retuned when he put the arrow on.

As soon as TuneECU connects, with the bike' s CPU, it should display the current tune, at the top of the left hand side pane.

It might be worth checking if that tune is current or has been superseded.

But I am sure you will have fun with those other tunes too, so looking forward to your feedback on each of them.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline AussieBen

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 se abs
  • City / Town: Tamworth
« Reply #11 on: 13 October, 2018, 07:31:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
As soon as TuneECU connects, with the bike' s CPU, it should display the current tune, at the top of the left hand side pane.

It might be worth checking if that tune is current or has been superseded.

But I am sure you will have fun with those other tunes too, so looking forward to your feedback on each of them.
I'll be sure to let you know.. if I run into trouble I will give you a shout.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #12 on: 14 October, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
I'll be sure to let you know.. if I run into trouble I will give you a shout.

Have PM'd you my number. AUS/NZ calls are local these days.

Offline AussieBen

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: 22 October, 2018, 02:42:38 AM »
Have PM'd you my number. AUS/NZ calls are local these days.
Just an update.. I had two cables, one cheap china one and a uk one that I bought after the cheap china cable had not arrived, which I got a refund for. days after the uk cable arrived the cheapy turned up. After much swearing and cursing this morning, I decided to use cheapy china cable and it worked straight away, no driver issues, just worked.
Turns out my bike had a 20615 map which was as far as i could tell the wrong map for my vin which is 498918. I have now loaded Indy"s tune and all I can say is WOW.. my Tiger is a completely different animal. No rough idle, smooth accel and decel at low revs, and I now don't have to coax it to rev, it just seems to pull with strength instead of a slow climb. I am very impressed. And it seems to have fixwd the origional problem which it was saying as fault P1685 EMS Relay curcuit malfunction.
The only problem I have now is the check engine light stays on and the fuel gauge won't work at all even after a 20klm ride. any suggestions?
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
Thanks gosling 1, he covered it.

Mines listed as Who can run my tune, who can not.

The factory list on TuneEcu was confusing IMO, so Dikman took the time to make it much easier to understand.
Or at least simple enough I could understand.

If you read the post my original saved tune was as done on my bike. One change Wayne made was lower the idle. MANY had issues with that.
So many pages in a member figured out and posted that updated tune. I then saved that tune on the first page to save members from having that issue.
Many have run it and enjoyed how it smoothed things out and give must some extra pep.
No, the tires should be safe. Your MPG can take a real hit if you get overly ham fisted with the throttle. Otherwise the cruise speed at 75 MPH was leaned to give decent MPG.
I averaged around 40mpg being reasonably sane.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #14 on: 22 October, 2018, 04:40:29 AM »
Nice one Ben  :028:

You probably need to remove the tank again, as one of the connectors isn't clicked on fully. The tank level sensor is most likely the one. I don't know if you can get to it by jacking the back end of the tank up, with a piece of wood  :033: Worth a try  :031:

Offline AussieBen

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: 22 October, 2018, 04:48:21 AM »
I didn't take the tank off though, the engine light and fuel gauge issue are new, since I put the new tune on.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #16 on: 22 October, 2018, 04:55:33 AM »
I didn't take the tank off though, the engine light and fuel gauge issue are new, since I put the new tune on.

OK - So you can use TuneECU to read the error code and also to clear it. What does it read?

Did you run the TPS reset, so the green light illuminated?

Running a manual adaptation process, whereby you start the bike and leave it adling for 12 minutes, without touching the throttle at all, might clear it too.

Glad she's running well  :028:
« Last Edit: 22 October, 2018, 04:57:43 AM by Yellow Dog »

Offline AussieBen

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: 22 October, 2018, 07:03:34 AM »
Tps reset? I just let tuneecu do it's thing, once the map had loaded, tuneecu turned my bike off, then on again and reconnected. At that time the only fault code was the sai system short circuit to ground or open curcuit which I assumed was just indys tune telling my ecu to not talk to it, seing as I'm pretty sure my bike doesn't have sai.
I'm trying the heat cycle thing at the moment, I remember my sprint took 3 times to clear engine light.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #18 on: 22 October, 2018, 07:42:48 AM »
Tps reset? I just let tuneecu do it's thing, once the map had loaded, tuneecu turned my bike off, then on again and reconnected. At that time the only fault code was the sai system short circuit to ground or open curcuit which I assumed was just indys tune telling my ecu to not talk to it, seing as I'm pretty sure my bike doesn't have sai.
I'm trying the heat cycle thing at the moment, I remember my sprint took 3 times to clear engine light.

Hopefully that should sort it out for you.

You are supposed to do the adaptation, within tuneecu and wait for the Green Light, before powering off  :192:

If the bike's running well .   ENJOY  :152:

Offline AussieBen

• Tiger Member
« Reply #19 on: 22 October, 2018, 07:59:08 AM »
Hopefully that should sort it out for you.

You are supposed to do the adaptation, within tuneecu and wait for the Green Light, before powering off  :192:

If the bike's running well .   ENJOY  :152:
  :430:  :172: I will do that tonight :003: