Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 1050 SE - "snatching" at low revs when hot.  (Read 1971 times)

Offline zwavoo

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Sittingbourne
Re: Tiger 1050 SE - "snatching" at low revs when hot.
« Reply #10 on: 17 September, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

as requested, here is a picture from the rear of the exhaust too...

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #11 on: 17 September, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »
So that's the stock pipe. The last major service was at 24,000 miles, so a dealer stamp for that one, is a big plus :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline zwavoo

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #12 on: 17 September, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
So do you think Im good to go with the map then? And assuming a "yes" to that, can I do this with an ELM327 bluetoothed to my laptop or am I better off waiting til I get a cable?

And last question. Ive watched a few guides on mapping. cant see a way to use tuneecu to backup the config of the bike before I remap?

Thanks

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #13 on: 17 September, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by zwavoo [+]
So do you think Im good to go with the map then? And assuming a "yes" to that, can I do this with an ELM327 bluetoothed to my laptop or am I better off waiting til I get a cable?

And last question. Ive watched a few guides on mapping. cant see a way to use tuneecu to backup the config of the bike before I remap?

Thanks
Hi zwavoo, if you follow the tuneecu guide in the stickies it takes you through the process step by step which includes backing up your existing map to your laptop before you install the new one its good, I have used it a couple of times now.  :028:
Try this link
https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,31757.0.html
Oops sorry I didn't answer your 1st question.  :192:
That's a yes on the map that Yellow dog suggested, but not sure on the ELM 327 dongle but I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm. I use a USB cable I bought from Triumph twin power website as its guaranteed to work with tuneecu.
Good luck  :031:
« Last Edit: 17 September, 2018, 09:45:29 PM by Tigermike »
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #14 on: 18 September, 2018, 02:11:15 AM »
Hey Zwavoo, I don't know if the Bluetooth dongle is supported, with the windows version of TuneECU. The cable certainly works.

Regarding backing up your existing tune, there's no point; particularly as it is snatchy. Plus, it takes a disproportionate amount of time. If you want to revert back to it, just download it again. Can't imagine why you'd ever want to do that  :110:

As soon as you connect TuneECU, your existing tune number will be displayed, so you might want to check if it is obsolete, has been replaced. or is current. Regardless, you've already proved that it's no good, so just forget about it  :031:

Offline rode2rouen

• Tiger Master
  • Triple-licious!
  • Bike/Model: '07 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: N.E. oHIo
« Reply #15 on: 18 September, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by zwavoo [+]
When the bike is hot, if I try to cruise at any speed where the revs are at 4000 or lower, the bike continually feels that I am "snatching" the throttle. .

Any advice gladly received?

Before you start swapping tunes, check the amount of free play in the throttle cables.
Adjusting out most of the free play quite possibly will cure the "snatching".

Rex

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #16 on: 18 September, 2018, 10:12:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by rode2rouen [+]
Before you start swapping tunes, check the amount of free play in the throttle cables.
Adjusting out most of the free play quite possibly will cure the "snatching".

Rex

Yes, that made quite a difference for me, on my MKI. I adjusted it until full lock cause the revs to increase, and then went back until it no longer did.

Offline zwavoo

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #17 on: 19 September, 2018, 07:57:33 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I have inspected the throttle, and while there is a "tiny" amount of free play in there, I dont think it is causing my problems. Also, I couldnt get the bluetooth ELM327 to connect to my phone or my laptop, so Ive ordered a cable. It should be here for the weekend, so I will load up the new map, and report back then...

Thanks to all

Offline zwavoo

• Tiger Newbie
« Reply #18 on: 25 September, 2018, 09:23:47 PM »
Hello everyone, apologies for the delay.

While waiting for my cable from eBay, I took the bike back to the garage and insisted that they do something about the snatching while they were replacing the radiator. He showed me some throttle sensor setting that needed to be between 580 and 620. It was at 605 so I thought fine.  He advised he made a change and I should try it out. As I drove out of the garage, I stalled it at the net junction and dropped the bike, breaking by brake lever. Now you could argue that it was misfortune, or bad riding, but that was the first stall in 2 months of ownership. Since then, Ive had some of the roughest rides I can mention, all fraught with stalling at low revs. The bike idles perfectly though.

Long story short, Ive changed the map from 20624, to the one you guys all recommended, and so far so good. I took it for a few miles run, and it seemed ok. Tomorrow, Im riding to Cambridge and back, so will see how it goes...

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #19 on: 25 September, 2018, 10:14:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about the drop mate  :232: have you replaced the brake lever yet?
If not you are welcome to mine I took off a couple of months ago  :084:
If you want it just pm me and you can have it for the postage cost.
What was the throttle sensor setting the dealer showed you? Was it on tuneecu?
Glad the bike is running better with the new map.  :046:
Let us know how you get on with the trip to Cambridge  :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.